Process Controller: Claypool, AZ, US, 85532
Under general supervision, provide technical advice and guidance in process testing and analysis at assigned site.
- Review and recommend new or enhanced process testing equipment or protocols
- Report process issues and make recommendations to appropriate management for correction
- Evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations
- Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable programs, practices and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations
- Collaborate in site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for process testing
- Perform other duties as requested
- High School diploma or GED andfive (5) years of technical experience in an area or areas relevant to the assignment, includingproject management experience
Knowledge of SAP, Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook, CAS, and Concur.
Knowledge/understanding of contracts, vendor accounts, and settlements.
Knowledge/understanding of vehicle license, title, purchasing, and registration.
Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/ alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability