Principal Auditor (Los Angeles, Hybrid)
San Diego, CA
REQ NUM 22-66259
To plan, scope, and identify objectives, resources, budget, and hours. Will conduct all phases of assigned multiple team audits, while assessing the work of Auditors and Sr. Auditors. Provide customers with high quality value-added audit and consulting services for all Sempra regulated and non-regulated businesses
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan, supervise and conduct multiple audits of Company operations and practices to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations, the safeguarding of assets, the economical and efficient use of resources, and the reliability and integrity of operating and financial information.
Effectively document the results of the audit ensuring that conclusions, findings and recommendations are properly supported.
Assess risks and recommend changes to improve operations or strengthen business controls, and negotiate solutions or corrective action.
Prepare Audit Report and communicate audit results to senior management.
Assist with special audit projects as assigned, such as annual financial review with external auditors.
Responsible for the department's annual performance goals, which include completing a specified number of company audits in a timely basis and within budget.
Represent the department as a business partner that adds value and is willing to assist with all Sempra activities.
Set a tone to encourage company management to call upon Audit Services for assistance.
Assist in staff development, training and oversight of Auditors and Senior Auditors.
Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- 8+ years related audit experience.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to travel approximately 10-25% locally (San Diego and Los Angeles), nationally and internationally.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional audit certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor) preferred.
- Valid California Driver's License required.
101 Ash St
California United States
From the same organization