Principal Auditor – Environmental Health & Safety (Hybrid)
San Diego, CA
REQ NUM 22-66288
To plan, scope and conduct multiple audits with primary focus on health and safety, including identifying objectives, resources, budget and hours. Will conduct all phases of assigned multiple team audits, while assessing the work of Auditors and Sr. Auditors. Collaborate with managers and projects managers and provide customers with high quality value-added audit and consulting services for all Sempra businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise and conduct multiple audits of Company operations and practices, with primary focus on health and safety, to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations, the safeguarding of assets, and the economical and efficient use of resources.
- Effectively test and document the results of the audit ensuring that conclusions, findings and recommendations are properly supported.
- Ensure opportunities for the use of data analytics and automation are explored during planning and fieldwork phases.
- Assess risks, determine scope, and recommend changes to improve operations or strengthen business controls, and negotiate solutions or corrective action
- Assist with special audit projects and department initiatives as assigned, such as the annual risk assessment and Audit Plan.
- Assist in staff development, training and oversight of Auditors and Senior Auditors.
- Set a tone to encourage company management to call upon Audit Services for assistance.
- Prepare Audit Report and communicate audit results to senior management.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Occupational Health and Safety, or Engineering required.
Master's Degree in Business, Health and Safety preferred.
- 8+ years related audit experience.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, controls or systems, and operational and management practices in the following areas: natural gas transmission, distribution, and storage; electric transmission and distribution; natural gas liquefaction; power generation; or engineering and construction.
- Knowledge of company-wide financial systems such as SAP and standard business applications.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in using data analytics procedures in support of audit testing and improvement initiatives.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-25% locally (San Diego and Los Angeles), nationally and internationally.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is desirable.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional certification (e.g., Certified Safety Professional, Certified Internal Auditor, Health and Safety) preferred.
- Valid California Driver's License required.
101 Ash St
California United States
From the same organization