Jersey City, NJ
At Darke Pines, we pride ourselves on being an indispensable food resource for our friends and neighbors.
We stock, cut, and cook a hand-picked collection of locally-sourced, farm-raised foods: beef, pork, lamb, and poultry, seasonal produce, and fresh farmstead cheeses and dairy.
Who you are:
– A food lover—someone who loves to eat and talk about food as much as they love to cook it.
– Someone who appreciates quality ingredients
– A hardworking culinary professional.
– Someone who values efficiency, consistency, and attention to detail.
– A team player and open-minded collaborator.
– Someone who likes to stay busy!
What you'll be doing:
- Chopping, slicing, sautéing, simmering, roasting, mixing, measuring, packaging, cleaning, organizing, and anything else needed to get the job done.
– Learning how we make our charcuterie (e.g. bacon, mortadella, roast beef, porchetta, etc)
– Preparing ingredients for Darke Pines products (e.g. slicing deli meat, boiling eggs, making our house chicken salad and pimento cheese, etc)
– Filling sandwich orders for customers (i.e. assembling and wrapping sandwiches)
– Developing recipes for new Darke Pines products
You'll never work late nights or odd hours. Your weekly schedule will stay consistent, and you'll get at least one weekend day off.
You'll receive paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.
Compensationthis position is : salaried, varies DOE, $38,000.00 – $50,000.00
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineApril 17, 2023