Pre-Apprentice Auto Mechanic (Deer Valley)
Our Pre-Apprentice Garage Helper will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance inspections and maintenance on light duty vehicles along with Inspections on DOT vehicle and equipment upon successful completion of UTI Training Classes (ATD 112 & ATD 127) and signed off by a Journeyman. The Pre-Apprentice Garage Helper will assist Journeyman with repairs and 90 day inspections on all our equipment.
Additional duties will include:
- Tire Service
- Emergency Jump Starts
- Changing batteries, light bulbs and lenses
- Preparing new vehicles (NVGR)
- Parts pick-up / vehicle shuttling
- Shop clean-up
- Field work
In order to be considered, you must meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a High School diploma or G.E.D. prior to the application closing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a CDL permit prior to the bid closing date of January 18, 2023.
- If the applicant is awarded a position, they must obtain a valid "Class A" Commercial Driver's License for manual transmission with no mechanical restrictions (i.e. airbrakes) within forty-five (45) days of their official start date.
- Must be enrolled or completed (Grade "C" or above) course work within the automotive curriculum from an accredited college, vocational technical school, vehicle manufacturer training, or one year suitable work experience in an Automotive / Truck Repair Facility (must send documentation).
- Successfully pass the Edison Electrical Institute (EEI) CAST Aptitude Test.
- Selected candidates that have not already completed the CAST test or are eligible to retest will be invited to take the CAST test
- This position requires working with aerial equipment, which has weight restrictions of 300 lbs or less.
Selected candidates that meet the minimum qualifications will be subject to the following requirements:
- Must successfully pass the CAST test.
- Must meet the requirements of the essential job functions assessment prior to participating in any physical field evaluation.
- Must successfully pass a physical field evaluation.
- Must successfully pass an oral interview.
Read the full posting.
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States
From the same organization