Planning Financial/Analyst Manager
Manage the day-to-day operations of a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establish and implement business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manage and allocate financial and employee resources… Implement and support Company programs and policies. Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget.
- Design and implement special studies and analyses of factors affecting energy commodity prices, and market and industry responses to prices.
- Develop strategies to improve market forecasting methods and models.
- Advise organization on potential and expected market conditions, considering fundamental factors driving energy markets
- Model and forecast economic behavior of energy resource related markets and industry segments including oil, natural gas, emissions credit and power consuming industries.
- Develop highly complex reports and presentations and communicate conclusions and recommendations to client organizations and senior management.
- Evaluate and analyze fundamental market information to develop, understand and defend long term market forecasts.
- Counsel on expected directions of markets related to energy commodities.
- Manage quarterly update of forward price forecast.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years' experience in statistical and quantitative analysis of energy commodity markets.
- Management skills including the ability to establish outcomes, execute policy, monitor resources, and manage the development or implementation of a system, program, or process.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions, and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
- Strong knowledge of forecasting techniques, as well as gas, energy, commodity and derivative markets on a global, national and regional basis.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees and use oral and written communication to communicate objectives and action plans.
- Knowledge of Company's strategic plan, objectives for specific area, as well as Company policies, procedures, and practices and federal, state, and local governmental laws
- Ability to obtain relevant data, evaluate complex economic relationships and develop creative solutions to problems and manage others to do the same.
- Knowledge of research, analysis and consulting techniques.
- Advanced Degree.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Experience applying power cost simulation models in analysis of Western Interconnect market prices or operations.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
Req ID: 109305
825 NE Multnomah
Oregon United States
From the same organization