OPS Clinical Research Intern – UF Health Cancer Center
University of Florida
OPS – Time Limited
The UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) Clinical Research Intern program was developed specifically for recent college graduates with an interest in exploring and establishing a career in clinical research, healthcare, or public health. Our Interns play a vital role in the research enterprise and work closely with and learn from physicians, investigators, study staff, and other partners throughout UFHCC and UF Health. This engagement with faculty and staff results in a myriad of opportunities for personalized mentorship and professional development. In this program, interns are encouraged to apply their previous coursework in a real world setting to better prepare them for further medical education or increasingly responsible roles in the healthcare enterprise.
As a Cancer Clinical Research Intern you will be embedded in one of our clinical research units working alongside our Study Coordinators, clinical investigators, and partners in the UF Health system to support ongoing oncology clinical research. In your internship, you will gain exposure to the clinical research process and obtain valuable experiences to take with you to your future graduate or professional degree programs as you prepare for your future career. While participating in this program, you will be engaged in activities including:
- Attending study-focused training sessions and developing proficiency in various clinical research activities such as screening, consenting, enrollment and follow up of participants.
- Review and transcription of medical and clinical data from a variety of sources related to potential and existing research subjects.
- Interacting with participants to obtain data, administer questionnaires and collect specimens.
- Learn about principles of Good Clinical Practice, study design, compliance and other research considerations.
- Proposing and executing a quality improvement project in collaboration with investigators and study staff.
Proof of eligibility to graduate and/or a recently awarded Bachelors' degree in one of the basic sciences, health sciences, or similar with a cumulative GPA of 3.2.
Degree must be conferred prior to the beginning of your internship.
Available for 20-40 hours per week for up to two years during normal business hours (8 AM – 5 PM).
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Demonstrated the ability to work independently, interact professionally, and effective writing and organizational skills.
- Experience with laboratory processes, including shipping of human samples, processing, and storage.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent general interpersonal and customer-service skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:
- Submission of one letter of recommendation from program faculty, research faculty, prior clinical/research supervisor, or similar and two appropriate references.
- Submission of resume or CV and a brief (maximum one page) essay expressing your interest and detailing how this program will help you meet your career goals.
- Available for 20-40 hours per week for up to two years during normal business hours (8 AM – 5 PM).
- Successful pre-employment screening including a background check and eligibility to legally work in the US.
This is a time limited position.
Multiple roles will be filled through this requisition.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:Yes