Onsite A/V Team Lead (Dallas, TX)
The world has seen unprecedented adoption of virtual communication solutions over the past two years. Research indicates that if video is enabled in customer engagement, it remarkably increases trust in the business, especially when the customers are expected to make big decisions. We are doing our part in making the world a better, more sustainable, and more trusting place, through providing virtual collaboration solutions, all the while working in a Scandinavian, trusting and flexible way and taking good care of our own employees.
Elisa Videra is a leading global service and solution provider of virtual collaboration solutions. Services include immersive video conferencing and interactive smart digital signage solutions. Our end-to-end and fully managed services cover the entire solution lifecycle from solution design, project management, delivery and deployment to maintenance and support. With our certified global capabilities, Elisa Videra operates globally and has had over 15,000 delivered service sites in over 90 countries. Our team of 100+ visual communications experts are located across the world in Finland, Sweden, Norway, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, USA, Canada, and Singapore. Elisa Videra is part of Finland's leading telco, ICT and online services company, Elisa Corporation, headquartered in Finland. We share our mother company’s mission, a sustainable future through digitalization, and a friendly, supportive, trusting, and flexible working culture is at the heart of everything we do.
This is a key role, interfacing with executives and clients across business units. A successful candidate will be technically adept, hands‐on, a self‐starter, passionate about technology, communicative, and collaborative. This candidate will also be expected to maintain a broad and in-depth knowledge of AV technologies. The role requires an appreciation for the business needs to deliver solutions that deliver true value. The role will be based out of the Plano office and will be 100% on-site. The manager will support all AV systems, including on premise, remote and hybrid environments.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing and leading the AV onsite A/V technical team; including acting as escalation point and mentor for team.
- Leading and coordinating the production of live events, including setup, operating, controlling cameras and/or assisting with sound, lighting and other live and streamed meeting logistics for programs and events including Teams live and Teams streamed meetings,
- Monitoring and troubleshooting stream quality during live-streaming productions. Supporting livestreaming, including real-time and first pass editing, as well as trimming of live event recordings.
- Providing meticulous on-site conference room technical support for employees and business associates as well as external clients by e.g. setting up and adjusting and operating AV equipment for trainings, presentations, meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Routine inventory, maintenance, testing and room checks to confirm functionality of all AV equipment and software.
- Reporting issues and status updates to leads and management.
- Making recommendations for AV equipment and software purchases.
- Performing equipment additions, removals, repairs, replacements, and inspections.
- Taking lead in special projects and tasks as needed, including potential large-scale AV upgrades and new build projects.
What do we expect from you?
We are not looking for a unicorn – rather someone, who wants to learn and develop in this role. However, these are things that will help you on your way and support your daily job:
- Previous successful experience in a team lead role
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems, network terminology and technologies as well as video conferencing and audio solutions
- You are eager to work with and learn more about different HW and SW technologies.
- Previous experience from service coordination, service delivery, tech support or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/business
- Service-mindedness, good communication and interpersonal skills, fluent written and spoken English skills.
- Being happy working in an internationally dispersed team with coworkers across the globe
- Independent problem-solving attitude and taking ownership of your work.
- Any relevant certifications, such as Microsoft, Cisco and/or Poly, are a plus.
We would love to get to know you better! Our team and all of Elisa Videra provides a super friendly, Nordic style working environment, where the employees’ well-being is highly prioritized. We offer caring and coaching managers, an extremely flexible and trusting culture, and most importantly, an honest invitation to come as you are. We have been growing in the past few years, and this is a great opportunity for you to join our journey and be a part of the trusted partner that we are for our customers, enabling their everyday business and life. This role offers fantastic opportunities to grow professionally and develop within the company – you are free to go as far as your own motivation takes you, knowing that you always have your coworker’s support. Learn more about us.
Submit your application and resumé through the link below as soon as possible – we are eager to get to know you better! If you have any questions about the role or Elisa Videra, please turn to Theresa Bell at theresa.bell(a)elisa.com. (Please note that we do not accept applications via email). Welcome to our team!