Non-Tenure Track Teaching Professional (NTTP II 10 mo.) Department of Public Health
William Paterson University
Position Type:Full Time
William Paterson University invites applications for the full-time, non-tenure-track position of Instructor in the Department of Public Health, College of Science and Health, beginning August 15, 2023.
Reporting to the Department of Public Health Chairperson, this position includes teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and appropriate activities to support student success.
The Department of Public Health is located in the College of Science and Health, which is one of four comprehensive and diverse colleges at William Paterson University. The Department of Public Health offers undergraduate programs in public health, public health education, and health studies and a new fully online MPH program.
The Public Health Program is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) as a standalone bachelor’s program and prepares students for careers as public health generalists and health education specialists.
The position is renewable annually based on satisfactory job performance in the first five years, with opportunities for promotion, as well as subsequent longer-term contracts available based on performance and department need.
For more information on the department visit https://wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/public-health/
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses, online, hybrid and in-person, including but not limited to health education and research methods courses and courses in at least one of the following specialties: personal health/well-being, epidemiology, health systems, health administration, or health communication.
- Engage with faculty to ensure efficient organization of courses and coursework consistent with accreditation requirements; teach courses within the curriculum and develop courses and curriculum; provide teaching assistance for students preparing to sit for the CHES exam.
- Support students in their academic endeavors.
- Participate in the variety of opportunities within the department, college, and university community including, where required, mentoring students.
- Engage in formal and informal processes of departmental assessment of student learning and programming.
- Attend department and college meetings as required and engage in activities of the department.
- Engage in professional development to stay current and academically prepared in the field.
- Masters in Public Health, Health Education, or a public health discipline; Doctorate preferred.
- Documented evidence of excellence in college teaching.
- Ability to work effectively using online platforms such as Zoom and Teams.
- Public health practice experience.
- Current certification as CHES, MCHES, or CPH
Personal attributes and traits
- Demonstrated dedication to supporting student success.
- Ability to collaborate with peers in a diverse environment.
- Persistence in a complex environment.
When He Married Her Everyone Laughed At Him. 6 Years Later She Showed Her TransformationRest Wow|
Talking about books on video: a skill with a bright future – World leading higher education information and servicesThere is no doubt that reading is a powerful learning tool. In fact, most teachers agree that reading comprehension is one of the most important learning that schooling provides. Reading ability is also related to the intellectual growth of the person. However, in a society hyperstimulated by screen
Increase in attacks on secularism: figures that question – World leading higher education information and servicesSince the last school year, the wearing by pupils of signs intended for or with a religious connotation has experienced a significant increase, hence the importance taken on by the theme of “attacks on secularism” . We have thus gone from 313 reports of this order in September 2022 to 720 in October
Cars That Will Last 250k Miles – Did Yours Make It To The ListArticles Skill|
In 2020, universities shifted to online learning – three lessons from students’ experiences – World leading higher education information and servicesFor young people who were in university at the height of the COVID pandemic, the university experience was suddenly radically different to what they had expected. Teaching moved quickly online, with students forced to adjust to using digital tools to complete their learning at home. Those looking fo
Contemporary ways to encourage autonomy in the work place – World leading higher education information and servicesAutonomy at work allows employees to take more initiative in the workplace and gives them the freedom to work in the most suitable way. Employees get their jobs done with workplace autonomy without a manager looking over their shoulders. Positive reinforcement and assigning more responsibilities are
How to apply
To apply, visit