Greenwood Village, CO
FCCS is looking for an individual to join our events team who is results-focused and detail oriented to handle the sourcing, contracting and deliverables for our well-executed experiential programs within the FCCS Accelerate Center. FCCS’ Accelerate Center offers a unique blend of experiential leadership programs that deliver an educational and learning experience for the Farm Credit System and other industries to further develop individuals and teams in their pursuit to increase their professional leadership skills. The individual in this role will be highly organized, detail-oriented and can juggle multiple and ever-changing priorities and concurrent deadlines with a high degree of accuracy. The Meeting Manager-Experiential Leadership Programs works with internal and external business partners throughout the event planning cycle and the role reports to the VP Event Management.
Salary range for this position is $63,100-$94,700 annually.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we operate on a hybrid schedule, currently allowing all Denver based employees to work remotely 3 days/week.
- Responsible for sourcing, contracting, and managing hotel and vendor logistical arrangements for experiential events.
- Works with business unit owners to identify any changing needs of the assigned events and sources/secures providers and insures successful implementation of event logistics.
- Oversees meeting details with appropriate staff members, including room set-up, catering, off-site facilities, room block management, audio visual, accommodations, speaker, and staff housing, transportation, etc.
- For new experiential offerings, develop RFPs, sources and assess options, conducts feasibility assessment, and discusses viability and best options with Manager and subsequently with business unit owner for final selection.
- Manage vendors for assigned events, establish, and maintains vendor relationships and negotiate vendor, supplier, off-site facility, and transportation contracts as needed.Oversees housing block and event details for assigned events.
- Develops and maintains Project Management spreadsheet for assigned events.
- Prepares menu planner and AV expense budget for assigned events. Informs business unit owner of any increases that would affect their program budget.
- Prepares and submits function sheets, outlines audio visual requirements to hotels and/or caterers and all off-site facilities.
- Responsible for reviewing previously negotiated contracts with existing hotels and vendors, insuring they meet FCCS requirements of binding contract clauses. For new event locations, responsible for negotiating all terms according to FCCS established requirements.
- Position will receive preliminary event dates from business unit owners and is responsible for securing tentative holds and verifying availability and communicating this with business unit owners and then contracts facilities once approval to move forward it obtained.
- Work closely with business unit owner(s) to keep abreast of any changing needs of assigned experiential events and implements changes as needed.
- Receives, reviews and processes invoices for payment in a timely manner.
- Independently manages all facets project work is completed according to priority requirements. If deadlines cannot be met, contacts Supervisor to get additional support.
- Provides event information/content and timely updates to appropriate staff.
- Monitors project activity to assure priority matters are brought to the attention of appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training, plus a minimum of 5 years of progressive Meeting/Conference experience required.
- Management/Event Planning experience in the corporate, non-profit association or hospitality industry required.
- Requires experience and proficiency in site research, hotel and vendor contract terms and conditions, contract negotiations, food and beverage, audiovisual equipment, etc.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation desired, but not required.
- Must be proactive and resourceful—a creative problem-solver with strong organizational, time management and planning skills and be able to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete proficiency in all Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong digital literacy.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills to work with employees at all levels of the company.
- Extra hours are sometimes essential to meet deadlines and manage onsite logistics of events which may include working non-traditional hours such as early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Overnight travel may be required (5%) to assist with other conferences.
- Strong attention to detail; works well under pressure while meeting tight deadlines and is able to adjust to changing priorities.
- Self-driven individual with proven ability to establish strong working relationships with internal and external teams and enjoy working in a team environment but can also work independently.
- Ability to lift, push and pull items weighing 40 pounds from one location to another.
FCCS was created in 1975 to help clients enhance their organizations and optimize their operations. In the 45 years since, we have:
- Expandedour business and consulting services to address the increasingly dynamic challenges of the marketplace.
- Introducedleadership development, governance, and talent management programs that have earned strong praise from boards, executives, and human resource officers, alike.
- Addressedthe financial and operational concerns our clients face at the most pragmatic levels with legal consulting services, strategic risk management, and collective buying power.
- Diversifiedour clients and programs, bringing growth, new energy, and insight to our organization.
Headquartered in the Denver Tech Center, with approximately 50 employees, FCCS is proud to serve a variety of clients across the U.S.
- Governance and Leadership Development
- Conferences, Programs, and Events for Professional Development
- Executive Coaching
- Thought Leadership and Professional Speakers
- Strategic Talent Management
- Merger, Acquisition and Corporate Finance Advisory
- Risk Management and Insurance Management
- Passkey Affinity Program
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs, and conferences enables us to create enriching business solutions and help organizations to be more.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- Hybrid work environment
- 10-12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Casual Dress Code
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected]
FCCS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
FCCS may require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.