Material Planning Specialist II : Bayard, NM, US, 88023
Responsible for working directly with customers on highly complex requests to ensure on time fulfillment of goods. Train, coach and support new and less senior team members.
- Responsible for proactively compiling, monitoring and managing Collaborative Planning report to ensure adequate stocking levels / recognize shortages and deficiencies, in support of customers in maintenance, planning and operations.
- Manages urgent complex customer requirements from maintenance, planning and operations, communicating/expediting to GSC Shared Services.
- Collaborate with assigned customer departments in maintenance, planning and operations to ensure needs are understood, documented, validated and requirements are met.
- Obtain quotes from key suppliers using parts information from customers in maintenance, planning and operations, monitor supplier performance, and lead supplier evaluations.
- Trains and leads reconciliation of consumables at month end, utilizing accounting and SOX control knowledge to ensure compliance with all financial requirements of inventory.
- Analyzes data to perform root cause analysis on issues that impact inventory performance and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Communicate master data changes and additions (MARS) to appropriate groups such as BOM, equipment and material master data on behalf of the customer.
- Ensure adherence and guide customers to General Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial laws (SEC), Company policies, internal controls (SOX) and Principles of Business Conduct (PBC), etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, or a related field and three (3) years of experience in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, or a related field, OR
- High School Diploma/GED and seven (7) years of experience in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, or a related field.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is in busy, non-smoking office
- Location requires mobility in an office environment
- Occasionally work may be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability