Manufacturing Plant Manager
Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a Manufacturing Plant Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions forcomplex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in thedefense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, costeffective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The position will be responsible for performing a key function of providing overall site leadership for high-tech mechanical manufacturing, integration of weapon systems and other complex mechanical systems. The responsibilities will encompass leading an organization in a dynamic and high growth area that will execute multiple simultaneous and diverse manufacturing activities.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting a safe work environment
- Direct and coordinate daily operations of the manufacturing plant
- Oversee all levels of staff activity and performance
- Ensuring that Quality and Compliance standards are consistently implemented
- Managing operations financials
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance
- Promoting a teamwork environment that fosters employee development
- Leading a cross-functional manufacturing team to consistently meet customer requirements
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement and problem solving
- Operational management of Raw Material and Finished Goods inventory
- Establishing KPI’s and Metrics to achieve program and company objectives
- Conducting operational performance reviews/meetings
- Monitor equipment and ensure that they are in good working order
- Assessing and filling staffing needs as required
The candidate selected for this position will lead a cross-functional support team that will lead the execution of multiple simultaneous manufacturing programs. This will be a dynamic environment and a high growth area.
BS in a technical or business discipline with 15+ years of experience,
Masters in technical or business discipline with 10+ years of experience.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree (Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferable).
Candidate must have a cumulative of (15+) years’ experience in manufacturing, operations, and/or program management.
Candidate must have at least (10) ten years of direct personnel management or organizational leadership experience.
Candidate must be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-functional teams.
Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Candidate must be self-directed and able to work in a fast paced environment to meet customer and management deadlines as well as meet financial goals.
Candidate must have experience with interviewing, assessing, and hiring new personnel.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville – North Alabama, AL area.
- Defense program experience
- Solumina MES experience
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint accounting software
- Direct experience transitioning a product line from the prototype phase to Low Rate and/or Full-Rate Production.
- Participated in start-up of manufacturing facilities
- Experience with AS9100 and DCMA standards
- Expertise in Lean principles, Visual Management and 5S tools
- Experience with implementing Enterprise MES or a similar manufacturing system project of high complexity
- Experience leading a cross-functional team with emphasis on timely, high quality manufacturing support
Manufacturing leadership experience in the Aerospace, Defense, or Automotive industries.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.