Machinist 3 – Arlington (Nights)
Senior Aerospace AMT
Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar is now offering a $5,000 Signing Bonus!
Who is Senior plc?
Senior is a FTSE listed (symbol SNR) international manufacturing Group with 26 operations in 12 countries. Senior designs, manufactures and markets high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment producers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, and land vehicle and power & energy markets. We have a long history of well-respected brands and an excellent reputation in our key market sectors. Senior delivers value to its customers and shareholders via operational excellence that is underpinned by its people and processes.
Our global values underpin what we do, and how we do it …
Safety – Integrity – Customer Focus – Respect & Trust – Accountability – Excellence
Who is Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar?
We are a manufacturer of structural parts for the leading original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) in the large business and regional jet markets. Our experience and capabilities span multiple segments of an aircraft, including the engine pylon, struts, wing box, wings, wheel well, and the interior. Our success is based on utilizing proprietary manufacturing techniques to manufacture high quality complex parts through cost effective production.
Given its breadth of capabilities and strong customer relationships, we have substantial content on the aviation industry's most popular aircraft.
What does the job involve?
The Machinist 3 operates numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications without supervision. The Machinist 3 receives on-the-job training to set up jobs with supervision.
What will my responsibilities include?
- Can demonstrate ability to set-up, run, and dimensionally maintain quality in a production environment
- Good Inspection Skills and Blueprint reading skills with ability to use all shop inspection tools
- Basic Troubleshooting skills and must be able to recognize production problems such as out-of-tolerance Machining, poor finishes, damaged or worn cutters, and tooling
- Ability to dial in a hole or Edge-Find and set Machine Offsets
- Basic understanding of G & M code
- Versatility across multiple machine centers is a plus
- Meets job standard times with minimal supervision
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What key skills and experience do I need?
- Disciplined Work Habits and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and reliable
- Properly uses measuring tools and set up tools such as edge finder, indicator, micrometers, etc.
- Follows instructions and demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Communicates well verbally and in writing
- Mechanically inclined, with good manual dexterity
What qualifications should I have?
- Three years plus experience running a CNC mill or recent Machinist Tech Training Certificate
- Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards
- Strong skills and aptitude in math
- Ability to perform basic functions with MS Windows-based computer operating systems, such as opening and closing files
- Completion of Machine Proficiency test during interview process
Why join Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar?
We are committed to continuous sustainable growth through superior customer satisfaction. We are dedicated to operating in an ethical, safe, and environmentally responsible manner while providing a rewarding work environment for our employees. Our mission is supported by a culture of teamwork, continuous improvement, and strategic technology investments.
Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar offers eligible employees (and eligible family members):
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Supplemental Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse or Child Life Insurance,
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligible employees are also offered 401k, PTO, 80 hours of paid holiday per calendar year, and other compensation (as applicable).
Trade Compliance Statement
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Persons and to Non-US Persons licensed accordingly. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar is an equal opportunity employer.