Looking for your next travel adventure as a LMSW? Travel to Washington, District of Columbia, for a 13-week contract and enjoy industry-leading benefits from AMN Healthcare. This on-site social worker position is for 8-hour day shifts, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Requires working holidays as needed. We are interviewing candidates now for an immediate start date. Local pay packages are also available; ask your recruiter for details.
This travel social worker job is in a large reputable hospital. This hospital uses Cerner for its EMR. You'll work with adult patients of all ages, pediatric patients, and psych patients. A vaccine declination is accepted for those with religious or medical exemptions.
In this social worker position, you’ll help patients and their families navigate the complex medical system by providing emotional support, assessing their situation once they are admitted, developing a plan for care, discharge planning, and working with insurance companies or other providers to help cover the costs of the patient’s treatment plan. If you’re passionate about your job as a traveling social worker, fill out our quick online form to take the next step and talk with an AMN Healthcare recruiter.
- Charting systems experience in Cerner
- Pediatric Experience is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social services and/or discharge planning
- Valid District of Columbia state license (Your recruiter can help advise you on how to obtain the proper state license and required credentials for this position and in most cases, we can reimburse you for the fees).
Becoming an AMN Healthcare professional gives you the incredible opportunity to gain critical career experience,
work with new people, and earn a highly competitive salary—but the perks don't stop there. There are many additional benefits to enjoy, including:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Earned time off and paid holidays
- Paid continuing education time
- 401(K) retirement planning
- Short-term disability, life insurance, paid jury duty
- Access to the largest network of facilities and providers in the country
- Industry experienced workforce management team
- Licensure and certification reimbursement
About the Company
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.