Line Cook – Four Points by Sheraton Midtown Times Square – New York, NY
New York, NY
Job Purpose: To produce all orders required by business volume and supervisor, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to produce the highest quality product. Also, to produce all orders on an a la carte basis and to prep for buffets, salad bars and hors d' oeuvres.
- Open up each morning preparing and organizing the station and cooking all breakfast foods necessary to start serving.
- Rearrange the line and steam table to facilitate dinner cooking and service.
- Prepare all orders as turned in by wait staff and ensures all orders cooked quickly and according to order; also ensures that food leaves the kitchen in peak condition.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation for evening dinner menu.
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Cook only sufficient food in advance to cover expected business volume and to maintain quality.
- Prepare all food needed by other kitchen departments which is best prepared by this department.
- Prepare all food for next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to "prep" food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for work. Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 months cooking experience at a full service restaurant or hotel.
08 Mar 2023
08 Apr 2023 09:00
New York, NY
Food & Beverage
Full-time (Hourly Regular)
More details (document)