Legal Assistant & Corporate Secretary
Greenwood Village, CO
FCCS is looking for an individual to join our Legal/Administrative team who is results-focused and detail oriented and enjoys working with all levels within the organization, including Boards of Directors. This position reports directly to our Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) & General Counsel (GC). The Legal Assistant & Corporate Secretary is responsible for assisting the CAO & GC in updating and maintaining the Model Policies & Documents (MP&D) through regular review of Farm Credit Administration (FCA) updates and Farm Credit System-wide committees, acting as Corporate Secretary for FCCS Board of Directors and the Farm Credit Captive Insurance Board of Governors, and providing other legal research at the request of the CAO & GC.
Salary range for this position is $63,100-$94,700 annually.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we operate on a hybrid schedule, currently allowing all Denver based employees to work remotely 3 days/week.
- Reviews FCA website and emails for all policy related updates including regulatory changes, exam manual updates and informational memorandums and provides summary to CAO & GC.
- Drafts updates to Model Policies & Documents on a quarterly, rotating review and provides updates regarding the changes to the CAO & GC.
- Completes interim updates to MP&D materials when necessary and provides updates regarding the changes to the CAO & GC.
- Manages the client list for both email and access to the online portal.
- Provides customer service to the MP&D clients.
- Provides training on Standards of Conduct and other MP&D changes as requested with the assistance of the CAO & GC.
- Assists the CAO & GC in providing policy review on a fee-basis MP&D clients as requested.
- Serves as Corporate Secretary for the FCCS Board of Directors and Captive Board of Governors.
- Creates agendas in OnBoard and provides technical support to board members.
- Oversees FCCS Governance Committee, with guidance from the CAO & GC.
- Provides support to the FCCS Board election process, ensuring timely notification to the FCC Board, managing term expirations and ensuring board rosters are up to date.
- Oversees the Captive’s committees including Audit, Investment and Governance & Nominating Committees.
- Manages, with the assistance of the CAO & GC, the nomination and election process for all Captive Board members, including the appointment of the Outside Director. Completes the Annual Meeting notification to Principal Subscribers and manages all proxies. Ensures timely outreach for nominees and completion of the election process, manages term expirations and term limits and ensures board rosters are up to date.
- Manages all FCCS Board Policy review, including the review process with the Governance Committee, Executive Team and the Board.
- Assists the CAO & GC in the management of the Vendor Management Committee, including managing vendor SOC audit receipt and review of such audits.
- Assists the CAO & GC in managing the Business Continuity Plan.
- Provides additional legal research for the CAO & GC as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience drafting policies and/or legal writing required
- Complete proficiency in all Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills to work with employees at all levels of the company.
- Strong attention to detail; works well under pressure while meeting tight deadlines and is able to adjust to changing priorities.
- Self-driven individual with proven ability to establish strong working relationships with internal and external teams and enjoy working in a team environment but can also work independently.
- Ability to travel quarterly if needed.
- Strong leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Operates with a strong ethical practice.
- Ability to critically evaluate items.
- Ability to use independent and sound judgment in carrying out responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, clients and board members.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, taking initiative to act proactively and efficiently to identify new areas of growth for the legal consulting practice.
- Maintains confidentiality as required and supports the core values and mission of the organization.
FCCS was created in 1975 to help clients enhance their organizations and optimize their operations. In the 45 years since, we have:
- Expandedour business and consulting services to address the increasingly dynamic challenges of the marketplace.
- Introducedleadership development, governance, and talent management programs that have earned strong praise from boards, executives, and human resource officers, alike.
- Addressedthe financial and operational concerns our clients face at the most pragmatic levels with legal consulting services, strategic risk management, and collective buying power.
- Diversifiedour clients and programs, bringing growth, new energy, and insight to our organization.
Headquartered in the Denver Tech Center, with approximately 50 employees, FCCS is proud to serve a variety of clients across the U.S.
- Governance and Leadership Development
- Conferences, Programs, and Events for Professional Development
- Executive Coaching
- Thought Leadership and Professional Speakers
- Strategic Talent Management
- Merger, Acquisition and Corporate Finance Advisory
- Risk Management and Insurance Management
- Passkey Affinity Program
The unique blend of our expertise, services, programs, and conferences enables us to create enriching business solutions and help organizations to be more.
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- 90% employer paid health insurance options
- Hybrid work environment
- 10-12 paid holidays annually
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Generous 401k matching and other benefits
- Casual Dress Code
- Collaborative and welcoming work environment
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected]
FCCS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
FCCS may require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.