Blackpool and The Fylde College
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer to join the Society, Health & Childhood team. This is a full time position working 37 hours per week. This role will be required to teach across a range of teacher training programmes including Teaching and Learning Support, Post Graduate Certificate in Education and, Award in Education and Training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
No Teaching Qualification?
Teaching in further education is unique. If you’ve got industry experience and a passion for sharing your skills you could be a great further education teacher. If you have real-world industry experience, you already have what it takes to teach in further education (FE). Plus, you don’t always need teaching experience or an academic degree to get started.
B&FC offer the opportunity for funded teaching qualifications whilst you work. For further information on the courses, please visit Teaching Qualifications at B&FC
For an informal conversation on getting in to teaching at B&FC, please email [email protected].
For further information getting in to teaching in FE from the Department for Education, go to: Share Your Skills
Rewards and Benefits
- Enhanced annual leave allowance of 50 days (full-time equivalent)
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) – 23% employer contribution
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) – 16% employer contribution
- Extensive professional development opportunities for all, with B&FC choosing to invest circa. £1.8m in colleague development annually
- Agile working opportunities
- Family friendly policies
- Extensive wellbeing provision including, but not limited to:
- Access to funded Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Occupational Health
- FREE Flu Vouchers for those not entitled through the NHS
- FREE eye tests
- Dedicated Wellbeing Hub available to all colleagues containing rich and varied content with resources relating to emotional, physical, financial and social wellbeing
- FREE healthy breakfast
- Sports facilities including fully equipped gym
- Health and beauty salon
- Trim Trails on Campus (guided routes for walks)
- Onsite food outlets and Starbucks at subsidised rates
- FREE car parking
- Onsite kids ‘Sports Camp’ 8am – 5pm during selected half term breaks