Equitrans Midstream Corp.
We have an exciting opportunity for a regionally based* (PA, WV, OH) Landman II/III. This role requires knowledge of all Landman related functions with an emphasis on such activities involving 3rd party natural gas and coal companies, including title research; easement acquisition; document preparation; damage and settlement negotiations; land permitting and analyzing project mapping. This role may act as the land point of contact for coal and other 3rd party natural gas companies, as well as being responsible for coordinating with routing and the project team to identify route options and provide construction/operations support for various projects.
*this position can work remotely, but may have on-premise requirements. Travel expenses to the office may be the responsibility of the employee.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
– Analyze, interpret, prepare, negotiate, and acquire surface easements, temporary right of way agreements, and purchase and sale agreements for fee property acquisition specifically with an emphasis on such activities involving 3rd party natural gas and coal companies.
– Research and analyze past, present, and future coal activities in specified operational areas
– Identify and locate surface and gas estate ownership, and have a general knowledge of natural gas storage
– Prepare and facilitate the execution of specialized damage releases, settlement agreements, and other legal documents with required approvals.
– Obtain survey permission, work with the routing team to identify project routing and facility locations, and coordinate field efforts with other disciplines.
– Assemble and analyze project mapping and acquisition agreements.
– Work closely with field surveying and permitting personnel to ensure project deadlines are met.
– Assist legal department to resolve claims and civil matters.
– Provide support to Construction and Operations departments for Land related items.
At times, this role requires both planned and unplanned travel to field and other Equitrans locations. There may be instances when travel is necessary outside of the core working hours. As a result, the incumbent must be able to work flexible hours and travel to our various operating locations as necessary
Who you are:
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our CORE values: Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Transparency and Excellence. More specifically related to this position, Equitrans Midstream Corporation seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
– Bachelors Degree in related field
– At least 4 years of relevant experience is needed for the Landman II role. Our Landman III requires at least 6 years of relevant experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
– Landman experience in natural gas/midstream and coal industry strongly preferred
– AAPL/MLBC Memberships preferred
– Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
– Preferred proficiency with Oracle and Quorum Land
– Professional demeanor and proven ability to work in a team environment across cross-functional teams and under time sensitive schedules
– Proven ability to establish rapport with external 3rd party contacts
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
– Ability to persuade, negotiate and close deals
– Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple tasks based on varying deadlines, including the ability to work on multiple projects at once and work under pressure
– Ability to make sound decisions and communicate effectively with project teams and external customers
– Excellent mapping skills (Tax, Farmline and topo)
Other duties as assigned
The anticipated salary range for this position is $86,200 to $120,600 plus a total rewards package that includes:
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life and disability insurance
– Retirement and savings plans
– Short-term incentive plan
– Paid time off
– Overall compensation may vary.