Portland General Electric Company
At PGE, our work involves dreaming about, planning for, and realizing a smarter, cleaner, more enduring Oregon neighborhood. Its core to our DNA and we haven't stopped since we started in 1888. We energize lives, strengthen communities and drive advancements in energy that promote social, economic and environmental progress. We're always on the lookout for people passionate about leading and being a part of teams that are advancing innovative clean energy solutions that are also affordable and accessible to all.
At PGE we have a few positions that we hire consistently through the year and Journeyman Lineman is one of them! All Journeyman Lineman new to PGE, start at our Beaverton yard and can bid out to other available yards after the 6 month review period. Check out the details and let's start a conversation!
PGE Journeyman Lineman
Location: Beaverton, OR
Rate of pay: $57.77/hour
Shift: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM / Monday – Friday
At Portland General Electric, our Journeymen Linemen play a critical role in serving our customers and our communities. They bring power to new communities and keep the power flowing to existing customers. When storms or other events disrupt power, Linemen are first responders restoring power and reconnecting our customers. PGE Journeymen Linemen directly impact the quality of life for our customers by delivering safe, reliable, and renewably generated power. Our linemen make all the difference!
Want to be part of this tradition of service to customers and community?
You should know that we are selective. We have a rigorous selection process where dedicated professionals who do quality work safely, really shine.
In return, our compensation is highly competitive, ranking among the highest in Oregon and the US. It also reflects the value we place on our Linemen and the critical service they provide. Here an overview of our package:
- $25,000.00 – Signing Bonus
- $10,000.00 – Relocation lump sum for those who qualify
- 401k match of 5% with additional 6% profit share
- Company provided safety gear
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Opportunities to earn overtime pay
- Excellent health and dental options for all dependents
- 25% off your electric bill, if you live in PGE service territory, after six months of employment
Our service territory is located in Northwestern Oregon, and we love the outdoors: camping, hiking, hunting and fishing, crabbing at the coast, skiing on Mt Hood! We also love great food, craft beer, and Oregon wine!
The successful candidate will be responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company's lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
- Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
- Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
- Climb poles to perform work.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed an accredited journeyman line apprenticeship program and have taken and passed a Journeyman Lineman test.
- Proof of apprenticeship hours. (JATC Preferred)
- Possess an active Journeyman Lineman card.
- Possess a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and have a history of good driving practices.
- Hot stick experience preferred.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required.
- Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to climb.
Read the full posting.
Portland General Electric Company
121 SW Salmon St
Oregon United States
From the same organization