Instrumentation & Control Systems Electrician: Claypool, AZ, US, 85532
Highly skilled workers in the instrumentation/electrical craft who perform at or above a CCST/EPRI level II or equivalent. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the removal, repair, installation, troubleshooting, & diagnosis of process instrumentation & electrical systems. Employee may mentor or train other instrumentation/electrical employees. Employee will work under minimal supervision where the primary objective is safe production.
- Removal, repair, installation, troubleshooting and diagnosis of process instrumentation and electrical systems for process optimization. May mentor or train other technicians and electrical workers.
- Safe completion of routine and non-routine calibrations and repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of pneumatic instruments, control valves, pressure, flow, level, temperature, weigh scales and analytical instrumentation.
- Must have strong knowledge in the maintenance and troubleshooting of Programmable Logic Controllers, transmitter and control valve setup and diagnosis, electrical testing and loop checking.
- Ability to perform installations and renovations compliant with regulatory agency standards.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities, uses plant and equipment correctly at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Completion of an approved certified program for instrumentation/control system, electronics, & electrical; OR
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in industrial instrumentation/electrical repair and maintenance; OR
- Associates degree or Trade School Certification in the related field andtwo (2) years experience performing maintenance and repair of industrial automation, instrumentation, and electrical systems
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude. The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities and/or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- This is a Safety Sensitive role
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during hte course of the workday
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any othe protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability