Instructor 9 Mo in Geography
Arkansas State University
State University, AR
Working Title:Instructor 9 Mo in Geography
Employment Status:Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Type of Employment:Faculty
# of openings:1
Proposed Salary Range:Commensurate with Experience
Closing:3/26/23Please note:All postings close at 12 A.M. CST on the closing date. A-State participates in E-Verify.
The History Department at Arkansas State University is looking for a creative and innovative Instructor of Geography. The successful candidate will teach survey and upper-level courses required by the department’s BSE Social Science program, including Intro. to Geography and World Regional Geography. The ability to teach courses of interest in one or more of the following areas would also be welcome: Digital Humanities, Heritage Studies, Environmental Sciences, and/or Agriculture. We are interested in maintaining and building an inclusive and diverse faculty. We encourage members of communities underrepresented in academia to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The teaching load for this position will normally be fifteen hours per semester
- This faculty member will participate in department and university service, university shared governance, and remain active in research
- Each member of the faculty has the duty to deliver instruction and maintain a learning environment consistent with the highest standards of the profession
- Other duties as assigned
The geographic sub-field is open, but the candidate must be able to cover basic human geography courses required for BSE Social Science students
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Please note: all position postings close at 12:00 A.M. CST on the position closing date
PhD in Geography
E-Verify Participation Notice:
E-Verify Right to Work:
How to apply
Arkansas State University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. Arkansas State University is also committed to creating a productive workplace in which both persons and property are secure. To achieve that goal, background investigations are conducted on all final applicants recommended for employment.
Internationally recognized public research institution with 20 different accreditations
• Associate, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral degrees
• More than 250 academic programs, concentrations, and options
• More than 85% of faculty hold the highest academic degrees in their field