Instructional Content Coordinator
Virginia Tech – Division of Information Technology
The Virginia Cyber Range is a Commonwealth of Virginia initiative with a mission to enhance cybersecurity education for students in the Commonwealth's public high schools, colleges, and universities. The Virginia Cyber Range seeks to increase the number of fully prepared students entering the cybersecurity workforce in operations, development, and research. The Cyber Range is seeking a motivated and driven individual to serve as Instructional Content Coordinator. This position will be responsible for coordinating the development of materials and content for the Virginia Cyber Range Courseware Repository. Additionally, this position will work closely with Virginia educators on design, development, and implementation of courses and modules to ensure content meets specified formats and standards, and that courseware is properly organized, tagged, and posted to the cyber range web portal. Responsibilities will also include:
● Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and soliciting appropriate content for the Cyber Range content repository
● Help to identify, prioritize, and solicit appropriate content to support the NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework, the NSA/DHS National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Education programs, Virginia Department of Education Cybersecurity Pathway courses (task/competencies), and any emerging cyber courseware frameworks
● Bachelor’s degree in STEM or related field with equivalent training or related work experience
● Comfortable with computing technology and basic familiarity with cybersecurity terminology and concepts
● Familiarity with aspects of academic courseware such as the organization of course syllabi, lesson plan formats, and content delivery methods
● Demonstrated project management skills
● Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Familiarity with cybersecurity areas of study in topic areas such as incident handling, penetration testing, digital forensics, computer networking, secure coding, and software reverse engineering
● Experience managing undergraduate course curriculum in a STEM discipline, such as computer science or information technology
● Experience as an instructional designer
● Understanding of computer networking, including the TCP/IP protocol stack, and basic services like DNS, Web, Email, etc,.
● Familiarity with the Linux operating system
$45,000 – $55,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim(That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive communitydedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicinecollege, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campusin Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension officesand research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Baneat [email protected] during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised:December 8, 2022
Applications close:Open until filled