I&C Engineers – Multiple Levels and Locations (Sign-On Bonus Available)
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
*****************This Engineering role can be filled at Mid-level, Senior Engineer or Senior Staff Engineer level. Please see minimum qualifications list below for each level***********************************< /b>
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position resides in the I&C Analytical Group within the CDO.
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Digital hardware design, software development / verification / validation, network design and configuration, analytical modeling, software hazards analysis, FMEA, and human factors engineering
- Instrument uncertainty setpoint calculations< /span>
- Familiarity with instrument specifications, instrument data sheets, calibration sheets
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID&rsquos, schematics, ladder logic< /li>
- Familiarity with Distributed Control Systems, HMI, and PLC applications< /span>
- Familiarity with EMI/RFI analysis
- Familiarity with Cyber Security requirements and solutions
- Specialized instrument system and component knowledge (e.g. NI/radiation monitors/DEHC/cameras/security, et. al.)
- Understanding of license basis considerations (UFSAR, Technical Specifications) and regulatory requirements (e.g., Reg. Guide 1.97) as they intersect with instrumentation
- Occasionally work in the field assisting on shut-downs, startups, commissioning, and maintenance projects.
- Work with staff on the estimating and bidding of new projects
Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review. Performs engineering tasks independently and actively imparts knowledge to others. Must be able to manage and implement engineering analysis and technical programs. Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant&rsquos physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Mid-level E02 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering and 2+ years Nuclear or related engineering experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Senior E03 Engineer< /span>
- B.S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years engineering experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Senior Staff E04 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 10+ years engineering experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS for all levels
- Professional Engineer Registration< /span>
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Experience
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor