Human Resources Coordinator
Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
Silver Spring, MD
TThe Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and performing administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) human resources department/section. This position will assist all human resource activities such as supporting recruitment, new hire onboarding and orientation process, employee training, professional development and benefits program administration and internship programs.
- Exercise leadership in CLINIC’s execution of the sections’ projects and events under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department such creating and documenting HR agendas for HR staff meetings; sends weekly recruitment reports to include interviews for the week, extended and accepted offers;
- Coordinates the submission of job postings, shortlist candidates and scheduling of job interviews.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation; collects and processes new hire paperwork. Ensures new hires are set up in ADP and other HRIS systems. Exec / Human Resources Coordinator Page 2 of 4 February 2023
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Stay abreast of developments in human resources events planning and participate in relevant professional organizations and conferences to understand and, as appropriate, identify trends and recommend new approaches.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Assigned Projects and Others:
- Attend HR training on employee relations, benefits, etc.
- Receives, reviews and approves internship applications, prepares students for the internship experience.
- Works with supervisors and students and refine internship goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support the organizations mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Occasional travel may be required to attend CLINIC’s board of directors’ meetings, and other special events
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ensure smooth communication with employees and timely resolution to their queries.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service to multiple groups and people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in negotiation and contract administration preferred.
- Ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications. Experience working with ADP required.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of human resources, talent acquisitions experience or related experience in a non-profit, education or membership organization preferred.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- This is a hybrid position and work environment with our headquarters located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Must be able to travel on occasion for larger training events on the yearly calendar.
- This position may require extended periods of standing and sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
- $65,000 – $70,000 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment:
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff members. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and non-essential job functions are subject to modification.