Human Resources Associate
Center for Constitutional Rights
New York, NY
This confidential position will provide administrative support to the Human Resources functions including benefits administration, recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, and related policies. They will work with the Deputy Director – Human Resources (DD-HR) and Management Team (MT) in their efforts to maintain a progressive, inclusive, and supportive work culture that values teamwork, accountability, respect, diversity, and equity. They will be expected to maintain confidentiality of various personnel matters, labor-employee relations, etc.
- Perform the day-to-day operations of benefit programs including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Account, and retirement plans
- Coordinate new hire enrollments, status changes, life events, COBRA, and open enrollment for the above benefits programs
- Respond to all benefit, timesheet, and paid time off inquiries from staff and escalate issues to DD-HR as needed
- Administer the timekeeping system (ClickTime), including review of employee time records and entering new cases/projects, track and update paid time off, and produce periodic reports
- Maintain confidentiality of all personnel matters, including personnel actions both actual and contemplated, labor-management relations, union contract compliance issues, and collective bargaining strategies
- Assist and act in a confidential capacity to the DD-HR and management team members who make and implement labor relations policies
- Assist and act in a confidential capacity to support the DD-HR and management team members in collective bargaining and labor relations with the organization’s staff union
- Maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS – Paylocity), including the benefits portal, process periodic reports, and perform occasional internal audits between payroll, HRIS, and other systems for compliance and accuracy
- Provide administrative support for hiring and recruiting, including posting jobs to online job sites, tracking candidates, and scheduling interviews
- Submit HR-related invoices and payment requests
- Conduct research / share education and learning opportunities for HR-related issues
- Provide reporting of HR-related metrics, including paid time off, salary, benefits, and performance review
- File personnel records, department vendor files, and transaction records
- Assist DD-HR with creating and conducting onboarding and offboarding sessions
- Support the DD-HR to implement programs to help address staff needs in the areas of emotional well-being, mental health, racial and social justice, and financial wellness
- Assist Director of Operations and DD-HR in the creation, updating, and maintenance of HR-related organizational policies and procedures
- Work with the DD-HR in drafting Human Resources department’s Standard Operating Procedures and instructions for internal best practices and coverage
- Update and distribute staff contact lists and organizational chart
- Help track and coordinate annual performance review schedules and documents
- Help create, develop, and implement internal HR staff events
- Participate in departmental and organizational planning and projects and organization-wide committees and carry out work as assigned
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the DD-HR
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Google applications
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to approach challenges with an optimistic, solutions-focused orientation
- Ability to adapt to process change, priority shifts, and evolving systems
- Commitment to cultural competence, humility, and comfort – ability to work with a diverse team and to work across differences at all levels
- Ability to respectfully engage in difficult conversations about staff challenges and conflicts
- Comfort working in a professionally demanding, socially and politically progressive legal and advocacy environment, and with the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights
- While experience in a similar role in equity and inclusion is not required, a commitment to equity and inclusion is
- Knowledge of Paylocity or other Human Resources Information System
- Knowledge and experience with an online time tracking platform a plus
- Knowledge of payroll a plus
Vaccine requirement: All staff members are required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $74,521 to $97,304.
Benefits include vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100-percent organization-paid health benefits, including medical and dental insurance.
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/human-resources-associate/ to submit an online application. Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
THE CENTER FOR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, AND LGBTQIA+ AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.