Historic Preservation Corpsmember
- Posted 7 days ago
- 1700 USD / Month
- Closes: April 6, 2023
- Job Qualifications:
● 18-25 years of age at the start of the program.
● United States Citizen, United States National or Lawful Permanent Resident in the United States and provide documents as proof.
● High School Diploma or working towards GED before using the award.
● Ability to pass criminal history check: no positives on NSOPW (sex offender registry) and
no history of violent offenses as determined by the FBI fingerprint database.
● Verified identity through Government Issued ID and Social Security Number.
● Functional knowledge and use of the English language, both oral and written.
● Flexible schedule that allows the ability to travel and camp for extended periods of time.
● Willingness to follow all crew policies and participate in a safe working environment, including PPE standards.
● Ability to appropriately represent Northern Bedrock and the AmeriCorps Program.
● Ability to perform the essential functions of the job 10 hours per day:
o Manual labor: heavy lifting, bending, and carrying up to 50 pounds
o Attention to detail and willingness to follow standards for historic preservation
o Repetitive cleaning and restoration of historic structures and objects
o Walking/working on steep or uneven terrain
o Working outdoors, rain or shine, in heat/cold, and dealing with insects and pests o Working, eating, and camping in the outdoors in all weather conditions
● Access to reliable transportation for reporting to the crew meeting point in Duluth at the beginning of each project.
● Strict agreement to not engage in any Prohibited Activities as defined in the Member Service Agreement during AmeriCorps hours.
- How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to [email protected]
- Contact Name: Beatrice Dornfeld
- Application Email: [email protected]
- Application Address: 1406 E 2nd St Duluth, MN 55805