Historic Preservation Carpenter
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Posted 6 days ago
- $16-$20/hour USD / Hour
- Closes: April 6, 2023
- Job Summary: The Historic Preservation Carpenter/Tradesperson position will perform window & door restorations, wood rot repairs, rough and finish carpentry, reproduction windows and doors, wood floor repairs, and other preservation tasks unrelated to carpentry.
- Job Qualifications:
– Experience in trades work is preferred, but not required. Must have strong aptitude to learn historic preservation techniques.
– Must act in a professional manner, be on-time, capable of not using a smart device or tobacco products during work hours, ability to operate with minimal supervision, attention to detail, willing to perform hard work, be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs., and able to climb ladders and work at moderate heights.
– Competency with hand and power tools.
– Ability to get to work site.
– High School diploma or GED required at a minimum. Associate Degree or higher preferred.
Other Traits required:
– Willingness to learn historic preservation methods.
– Team oriented.
– Clean, neat appearance.
– Effective communication skills.
– Productive with an attention to detail
– Must have and maintain own tools in accordance with company policy
- How to Apply:
If interested, please send resume and portfolio of your own work to [email protected]. Please provide 2-3 references and cover letter (optional).
- Job benefits: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Semi-Flexible Schedule, Partial Health Insurance, Paid Training, Company Uniform Provided
- Physical Demands / Work Environment: Be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs, able to climb ladders and scaffolding, not afraid to work at moderate heights, able to work wearing a respirator for long periods, able to work standing for long periods, work is a combination of workshop and outdoor onsite work.
- Contact Name: Daniel Walker
- Application Email: [email protected]
- Application Address: 613 S. Court St.
Medina, OH 44256