Healthy Social Behaviors Specialist
NC Community Colleges
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Child Psychology, or related field
- EEC Level 11 + PDA and/or TAE strongly recommended
- Three years’ experience working in early childhood education environments with infants/toddlers/preschoolers and their families, or the programs that serve them.
- Childcare teacher or director experience
Southeastern Community College’s Child Care Resource and Referral program is a grant funded initiative that serves as the Lead CCR&R Agency serving seven counties including Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanover, Pender, and Sampson. We are seeking an experienced, resourceful, collaborative Regional Healthy Behavior Specialist in a full-time position to provide technical assistance and professional development designed to promote social-emotional health and prevent and address challenging behaviors of children enrolled in childcare facilities within the seven-county delivery area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance visits in childcare settings across the region to mentor and assist teachers and directors in promoting healthy social-emotional development.
- Deliver professional development regionally focused on social-emotional development and/or challenging behavior from the HSB standardized training menu to childcare providers.
- Update the regional resource list of available social emotional practitioners, educators, and mental health professionals annually.
- Provide Corrective Action training (from the HSB standardized training menu) and technical assistance to childcare center staff on issues related to discipline as directed by the Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Cultivate partnerships with other behavioral specialists, consultants, educators and mental health professionals to assist childcare providers/families in promoting positive behaviors in young children.
- Promote awareness of the availability and resources of Healthy Social Behavior Specialists to childcare providers and intermediary agencies.
- Work collaboratively with the state team of Behavior Specialists and Project Manager and across NC’s early care and education system within their assigned region to achieve goals of the project and ensure successful evaluation.
- Participate in project meetings, foundational training and other professional development opportunities, and special projects – including the Pyramid Model Institute – as directed by the project manager.
- Participate in the project evaluation plan for Promoting Healthy Social Behaviors in Child Care Settings, including data collection and timely, accurate submission of data each quarter.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of childcare licensing regulations.
- Familiar with effective consultation/technical assistance strategies.
- Demonstrated competency in leadership roles.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Efficient computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and other database systems.
- Attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate documentation of activities.
- Ability to work well with a diverse population.
- Ability to conduct extensive travel throughout designated multi-county region to conduct job responsibilities.
- An automobile at his/her disposal along with a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and proof of a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment and occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.