Future Senior Reactor Operators (SRO) – Initial License Trainees (ILT) – Peach Bottom Nuclear, Delta
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Initial License Trainee attends initial certification class to attain their Senior Reactor Operator License from the NRC. Upon certification they will be fully licensed to supervise the operations of the reactor control room. Salary from $120,000, plus sign-on bonus, annual bonus and other compensation incentives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Candidates attending class with the intent of attaining an SRO License: completion of Fundamentals Phase, completion of Simulator Certification, acquiring SRO status, attainment of NRC SRO License (80%)
- Study time, field time needed to attain licensed status (10%)
- Project work, outage assignments, or duties as assigned to support the site operations (10%)
Though classroom, simulator and on-the-job experiences develop the required skills and knowledge to qualify as a senior reactor operator license holder.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successfully passing the Plant Operator Selection System (POSS) and Basic Math and Science Test (BMST) pre-employment tests
- Must successfully complete a FLS Leadership Assessment
- 1 year Reactor Operator license at a comparable facility or 1.5 years at a noncomparable facility. Example PWR to PWR versus PWR to BWR. OR 18 months position equivalent to Reactor Operator (or Supervisor) at military reactor (Power Plant Watch Engineer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, Reactor Operator, Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor). Must have 18 months qualified and does not count the watch qualification process. OR BS or equivalent in engineering, engineering technology or physical sciences, or professional engineer license, and more than 18 months qualified non-licensed operator or a supervisor or manager in work control, operations, engineering, outage management, maintenance, radiation protection, chemistry or training at current or comparable (BWR or PWR) facility. Managerial, staff engineer, or supervisor experience at non-comparable plant may be credited on a 1.5:1.0 basis (i.e. over 27 months required for non-comparable facility) and 36 months required for nontraditional
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor