Fuels Engineer – Seeking All Levels (Sign-on Bonus Available)
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
*****************This Engineering role can be filled at Mid-level or Senior Engineer level. Please see minimum qualifications list below for each level***********************************< /span>
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations. Considered a leader within the department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs. (30%)
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems. (20%)
- Provide complete task management of engineering issues. (20%)
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles. (10%)
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications. (10%)
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs. (5%)
- Recommend new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify operations, reduce costs or comply with changes in codes or regulations. (5%)
- Performs nuclear engineering tasks independently and actively imparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineer 3A. Must be able to manage and implement nuclear engineering analysis and technical programs, has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities. Considered a leader within the department.
- Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Fuel Vendor Oversight: Develop and implement technical oversight program to assure excellence in fuel and core component in-reactor performance through sound fabrication processes. Conduct oversight activities of vendor fabrication processes and coordinates additional resources for supplemental oversight. Reviews vendor process changes to assure technical adequacy. Performs special projects and misc tasks related to nuclear fuel and core component design, fabrication, procurement and in-reactor performance.
- Fuel Reliability Engineer: Monitor, enhance, and implement fuel reliability programs processes and practices. Support field execution of fuel reliability activities. Manage and conduct technical evaluations in support of plant operating strategies, plant equipment and lost parts that may impact fuel and/or control components.
- Safety Analysis Engineer: Manage review and approval of all design inputs, assumptions and outputs relative to SA in support of reload cycle design. Conduct technical evaluations in support of reload cycle design and plant design changes that that impact NF. Perform and/or support dose analysis of reload/fuel design changes. Responsible for calculating doses to personnel during design basis accident scenarios.
- NF Project Manager: Perform PM related tasks as directed by VP or Director of NF in support of NF department goals and initiatives. Function as Mentor to other NF personnel in area of Project Management. Performs duties of a PM to ensure assigned activities are scheduled, tracked and completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Core Designer/Cycle Manager: Coordinate, direct and/or perform reactor physics analyses required to load, license and operate a nuclear reactor core. Collaborate with the fuel vendor in running codes, selecting inputs and validating outputs used for the reload design and licensing documentation. Monitor core operations to ensure exposure and licensing assumptions are met. Follow reload process for reload meetings, special assignments, exposure accounting, cycle management reports and control blade/component management.
- Spent Fuel Engineer: Perform analysis and vendor oversight to support storage of spent nuclear fuel in wet and dry storage in accordance with applicable regulations and licensing documents. Governance, oversight, and support for site implementation of spent fuel strategies. Develop long term fuel storage strategies and projections. Perform governance and oversight of special nuclear material control and accountability.
- Revised 9/30/2020
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Mid-level E02 Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering and 2+ years Nuclear or related engineering experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Senior E03 Engineer< /span>
- B.S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years engineering experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for E04 Senior Staff Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 10+ years engineering experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS for all levels
- Professional Engineer Registration< /span>
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Experience
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor