Fuel Resources Manager
Salt Lake City, UT
The position is responsible for functional oversight of the day-to-day operations of a geographic territory, region, location, or functional unit that has a significantimpact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Implements and supports Company programs and policies. Specifically, this position is responsible to negotiate coal supply and transportation agreements for PacifiCorp's generation fleet, manage coal contract administration and transportation, and support the company's regulatory activities, and support the finance function at the company's affiliate coal mines.
Negotiate coal supply and transportation agreements for PacifiCorp's generation fleet.
Oversee Fuel Resources' support of Net Power Cost (NPC) testimony and data requests.
Prepare testimony for regulatory filings.
Support PacifiCorp's regulatory process by responding to data requests regarding fueling issues and specifically regarding the company's affiliate coal mines.
Develop and implement strategies to leverage existing coal assets.
Oversee coal contract administration and transportation logistics for PacifiCorp's power plants.
Direct and prepare market research on supply, demand, pricing and trends of fuel and transportation markets which may impact the cost or operations of the thermal plants.
Develop and compile research related to regulatory issues.
Lead the functional team; direct day-to-day activities and provide guidance and recommendations.
Provide input into team employee performance reviews. Flag performance and personnel issues for people manager resolution.
Provide financial support to mine personnel regarding strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, variance analyses and capital justifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years directly related experience.
- A minimum of three years of supervisory or functional management experience.
- Management skills including the ability to establish objectives, execute policy, monitor resources, and manage the development or implementation of a system, program, or process.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions, and to mobilize resources to produce desired business results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees.
- Solid understanding of internal controls, familiarity with financial reporting, and an instilled commitment to accurate on-time completion of monthly departmental tasks and responsibilities.
- Controller, accounting and/or finance experience in an operating mine.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced degree and/or CPA designation.
- Experience in SAP Financial Systems modules.
- General understanding of utility economics and accounting, as well as utility commission rules and regulations.
Req Id: 109395
825 NE Multnomah
Oregon United States
From the same organization