FLP and Audit Services Manager
San Diego, CA
REQ NUM 22-66542
We Are Sempra: Advancing a Better Future for All
As a premier energy infrastructure company serving 36 million consumers in North America, Sempra embraces its role as a leader in advancing a net-zero future. At Sempra, you can help shape a better future for our communities and our planet, alongside a workforce of 19,000 talented teammates. As an equal opportunity employer, Sempra is proud to bring together people with diverse perspectives and experiences. The company is consistently recognized for its sustainable business practices and long-standing commitment to building a high-performing culture focused on safety, workforce development and training, and diversity and inclusion. Sempra is the only North American utility sector company included on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and was also named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2021 by Fortune Magazine. Join us as we collaborate in providing cleaner, safer and more reliable energy to our customers and communities.
Oversees and monitors the SOX Compliance Process at the Parent company and Sempra Infrastructure business unit. Responsibilities include oversight of risk assessment, testing and deficiency analysis and reporting activities performed by the team. Promote use of technology and data analytics, where applicable. Manages the Financial Leadership Program (FLP) for Sempra's Finance and Accounting departments. Work with participating finance / accounting departments to enhance program effectiveness. Act as Sempra's ambassador to university campuses, and build a network with finance and accounting professors. Coordinate with the rotation programs at SDGE and SoCalGas to build and maintain program continuity across the Sempra family of companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- SOX compliance oversight and advancement of technology and automation initiatives. Responsibilities include monitoring and communicating authoritative guidance, and emerging best practices; overseeing the development of SOX risk assessments, planning and testing activities performed by the team, reporting the status and results of SOX compliance activities to the SOX Steering Committee and Senior Management and maintaining good communication with management and auditors. Promote process efficiencies and SOX controls streamlining.
- SOX team development
- Financial Leadership Program activities: Enhance Sempra's reputation and name recognition on local campuses where Sempra recruits talent. Network with faculty members, coordinate campus event participation with internal finance and accounting departments, conduct presentations to school audiences, in classrooms or at finance accounting organizations.
- Lead the FLP mentoring program to ensure participants are provided the appropriate training and resources to be successful during their rotations and integration into the Sempra workforce; monitor participants' progress in educational requirements and on-the-job performance. Facilitate the annual rotation process with participating employees and departments.
- Work closely with Human Resources to drive the company's recruiting efforts and improve the quality of candidates who ultimately become regular members of Sempra's professional workforce.
- Develop and manage annual FTE and non-labor budget for the Financial Leadership Program and perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, finance, economics, or business/analytical related field required.
- An advanced degree and supervisory experience preferred.
- 8 years audit/SOX/Project management experience.
- 5 years managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive related business experience preferred.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to travel up to 10%.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to focus and drive projects to completion.
- Leadership and good organizational skills.
- Supportive of management's initiatives and employees' development.
- Comfortable working with a diverse workforce.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor credentials preferred.
101 Ash St
California United States
From the same organization