San Diego, CA
REQ NUM: 22-62486
We Are Sempra: Advancing a Better Future for All
As a premier energy infrastructure company serving 36 million consumers in North America, Sempra embraces its role as a leader in advancing a net-zero future. At Sempra, you can help shape a better future for our communities and our planet, alongside a workforce of 19,000 talented teammates. As an equal opportunity employer, Sempra is proud to bring together people with diverse perspectives and experiences. The company is consistently recognized for its sustainable business practices and long-standing commitment to building a high-performing culture focused on safety, workforce development and training, and diversity and inclusion. Sempra is the only North American utility sector company included on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and was also named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2021 by Fortune Magazine. Join us as we collaborate in providing cleaner, safer and more reliable energy to our customers and communities.
Perform analysis to identify issues driving earnings and significant balance sheet and cash flows variances. Responsible for preparation of variance analysis for monthly and quarterly Board reports and "Earnings Flash" reports. Assist with development of Sempra's current year outlook and plan calendarization and is heavily involved in Sempra Parent's earnings and cash flows forecasts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Outlook and Plan Process– Assist in the development of instructions and calendar for Sempra's calendarized plans and outlooks. Assist business units with development of their outlooks, primarily Sempra Parent. Apply financial knowledge to review outlooks for sound presentation of numbers and calendarized plan for reasonableness. Apply business and financial knowledge to analyze submissions of information for sound financial concepts and generally accepted accounting principles application. Prepare and maintain schedules tracking actual and forecasted earnings as well as key issues status. Ensure proper consolidation in the Strategic Financial Planning system. Assist in developing presentations which communicate results of financial plan and outlooks to senior management.
- Monthly and Quarterly Reporting– Responsible for preparation of several reports including "Earnings Flash" report, variance analysis and financial statements analysis for Sempra Energy Board. Responsible for preparation and compilation of quarterly Board reports. Responsible for the preparation of key financial and economic metrics "Dashboard" report. Develop good understanding of key issues through research and ensures proper communication within the department.
- Special Projects– Anticipate and respond to requests from senior management for financial research pertaining to short term planning, as well as issues of interest to the Board. Provide assistance to department's various functions in routine and non-routine activities, including analysis of the impact of foreign currency related matters, new projects economic analysis, and the preparation of analytical and data-supported presentations to senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
- 3 years previous experience, preferably with a Fortune 500 Company with multiple business units.
- Work experience with computers, computer applications (spreadsheets and databases).
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with analyzing and developing financial statements.
- Advanced skills with Excel and financial modeling.
- Experience with Hyperion Strategic Finance or similar planning applications highly desired.
- Advanced understanding of accounting & finance including consolidation, elimination & ownership structures.
- Good knowledge of income tax and key financial evaluation concepts.
- Ability and drive to advance an issue or problem from identification through resolution.
- Strong project management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Ability to train and coach Financial Analysts, Rotation employees, Interns and/or less experienced team members.
- Flexibility to perform a variety of duties and serve as back up of other functions, as needed.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional certification is a plus (CFA, CPA, CMA etc) preferred.
101 Ash St
California United States
From the same organization