CCS Early Learning
Oversee all aspects of the Finance Department in developing, monitoring, and maintaining an estimated $8 million budget. Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and foundation grants. Ensure compliance with federal, state, local laws, including payroll and payroll tax compliance. Prepare financial statements and reports for the governing body. Prepare for all audits, provide fiscal management, supervise accounting department staff, and provide technical assistance and information to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Finance Committee, grantors, auditors, staff and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field and at least four years’ experience at the manager or director level of nonprofit, or CFO or controller of a like sized “for profit” business. Background in non-profit, fund accounting, grant experience. Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Expert knowledge of Excel and proficient in Word and other general MS Windows applications
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience with computerized payroll systems
- Requires excellent skills in: time management, prioritizing, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, working independently, and meeting deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels and sources.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities, organization skills
- Work independently, meet deadlines, and able to plan and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated personal and interpersonal qualities that support the mission, core values, and philosophy of the agency