Field Mgr-Distribution Ops
Manage the performance of all mechanical and electrical, transmission and distribution work within an operating region or all Troublemen functions for the entire company.
Responsible for a capital and O&M budget in excess of $50 million. Lead PPL Electric Utilities and/or region-wide initiatives to improve business results.
Maintain a safe work environment ensuring all personnel are properly trained and safe work practices are being followed. Provide direction and leadership to Field Supervisors to assure all work is completed safely, on schedule and within budget and the Company responds efficiently during emergency conditions. Interface with multiple departments to ensure adequate scope, resources, and schedules are achieved. Substitute for the Regional Director/ Director of Operations as required. Serve as a Regional Emergency Manager during storms, responsible for directing and managing the entire storm restoration effort within an operating region.
Provide leadership and oversight support for achieving financial growth, operational excellence and customer loyalty. Support the improvements of critical business processes to ensure the safe construction and maintenance of work, restoration of service and management of resources for optimal productivity.
- Ensure the safe and productive completion of assigned capital and maintenance projects within the necessary time, economic and engineering guidelines by managing the activities of the Mechanical, Electrical, and T&D Field Supervisors and construction resources or overseeing the 24 X 7 Respond to Customer process for the entire Company to ensure quick and effective response to outages and emergency situations.
- Develop and maintain a learning organization that fosters a high-performance culture and promotes diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered including timely recognition of employees. Provide leadership to and development of the field programs such as safety, work practices, etc. Use effective performance management to provide accurate and timely feedback and identify opportunities for growth and learning. Assure a competent, well-motivated, and effectively utilized supervisory staff by participating in its selection, organization, training, development, appraisal, and compensation.
- Implement and monitor key performance measures, controls and procedures to ensure the consistent application of safety and productive work practices across PPL EU. Instill accountability for adherence to Company policies and processes. Ensure organizational adherence to schedules, milestones, key performance measures, controls and procedures for consistent application across operations.
- Contribute to the achievement of PPL Corporate and EU objectives and commitments by the administration of established policies and programs including those pertaining to safety, diversity, coaching/counseling, goal setting, restoration of service and work planning.
- Ensure the uniform interpretation and application of company policies and procedures by providing guidance and day-to-day direction and advice. Manage the terms and conditions of the Labor Agreement as it relates to a workforce or bargaining unit employees. Resolve union disputes and grievances through the consistent application of the conditions of the current Bargaining Unit Agreement. Act as a liaison to the HR Department in the resolution of BU disagreements.
- Partner with other departments and work groups to implement a work process for PPL EU operations that optimizes resources, addresses operational priorities, and ensures alignment with PPL EU financial, customer, reliability, safety and performance goals. Maintain close communication with client groups in decision making process on workload priorities and schedules.
- Act as the liaison between Distribution Operations, Work Management, Engineering and Contract Management and other support organizations for all Mechanical, Electrical, and T&D issues or concerns.
- Manage the utilization of fleet vehicles and equipment, acting as a liaison with the Transportation Department.
- May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
- The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
- All positions in which driving is an essential function of the job, regardless if the job code is marked safety sensitive or not, will also be included as safety sensitive.
- If applicable, in-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a high-performance culture.
- Bachelor's Degree or eight (8) years of equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in an electrical or mechanical industry.
- Good math skills. Excellent planning/scheduling skills.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and cost related issues.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction, or related field.
- Ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Proven high-level management skills in coaching and facilitating business competency.
- Proven performance management skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
- Skilled at building an effective team.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Labor Agreement.
Two N Ninth St
Pennsylvania United States
From the same organization