Federal Work Study – Student Assistant (Lab Assistant)
University of Florida
STU AST – NON CLERICAL & ADMIN
The Center for Biomaterials in the Department of Restorative Dental Sciences is seeking a responsible individual to work 12-16 hours per week as a laboratory assistant. Duties will include, but not be limited to, learning how to manage day-to-day activities of a research lab through experiment preparation, supply monitoring and ordering. This position includes the opportunity to learn on the job and based on interest and skillset can include photochemistry, organic chemistry, 3D printing, dental biomaterials manufacturing, and dental materials testing and quality assurance.
$10 – $12 per hour
Requires strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions with good work ethic. Position will provide the opportunity to develop basic organic chemistry skills, dental composite manufacturing, SLA/DLP 3D printing, dental biomaterials, and physical and chemical analysis. Must have proof of Federal Work-Study award, computer skills; experience using Microsoft software: Office, Excel, and Word. Must have transportation.
- Preferred applicant interested in scientific career advancement or is currently pursuing a science-based degree.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow precise instructions, and good communication are required.
- Ability to work well in a team based environment.
- Ability to multi-task and self-organize.
- Ability to work independently.
- Communication skills in the spoken and written word.
- Customer-service driven approach.
- Eager to learn.
- Reliable, punctual, and highly professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information entrusted to this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload a cover letter, resume and proof of Federal Work-Study award to be considered.
*Students seeking FWS employment should print/screenshot a copy of their Financial Aid Award Page, which contains the Federal Work-Study award as proof of FWS eligibility. To locate your Financial Aid Award Page, go to https://one.uf.edu/financialaid/aidyear/
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No