Facilities Maintenance Jrymn-Mechanic
Performs in the capacity of a licensed journeyman in the HVACR trade and performs maintenance work in other trades within code limitations. Perform specific tasks as qualified. Provides work direction to contractors.
Under the indirect and intermittent supervision of the Facilities Supervisor, maintains the facilities, equipment and systems. Reads, interprets, complies with and/or works from detailed blueprints, drawings, diagrams, manuals, etc. Prepares written reports and documents for inspections and repairs made. Uses hand tools and specialty equipment. Assists other company organizational units or vendor representatives with repairs or equipment or systems or both inside and outside the company.
Assists with training and gives direction to other Maintenance Journeymen, Journeymen-in progression or Apprentices, Facility Maintenance Repairmen and entry level positions as required. Provides leadership to the aforementioned functions.
Performs mechanical maintenance in varying degrees as requested by various organizational units of the company or building tenants.
– Inspects, tests, maintains, repairs, adjusts & corrects electrical circuits in various gas, oil or electrical furnaces, unit heaters, boilers and process ovens, refrigeration units, air handling & venting units, air compressors, paint spray, stripping & chemical booths, water, oil, gasoline & chemical pumps, air gas, steam, water, oil and refrigerant piping and pneumatic control systems for the above equipment.
– Maintains, installs or replaces such mechanical and electrical equipment as motors, fans, pumps, compressors, controls and electric contactors which are components of larger equipment such as furnaces, power tools, room and packaged air conditioners, air, gas and refrigerant piping and all other components integral to an HVACR system. Replaces bearings, impellers, blades, packing and seals on pumps, fans, etc. Tears down and replaces components of air and refrigeration compressors, pumps, etc.
– Install, repairs or replaces light fixtures, toggle switches, circuits to convenience outlets integral to HVACR system or small motors and power tools. Minor repairs to piping systems, plumbing & sanitary lines and fixtures, window and safety glass, partition doors & door locks and closures, etc. Repairs or replaces ceiling tile; small areas of concrete, wood or tile floor; pipe or duct insulation; Touch-up painting.
– Analyzes and repairs faults; maintains and installs: power and lighting panels, magnetic and manual breakers and disconnects, power and lighting circuits of various voltages on single or three phase Y or Delta networks. Maintains voltage regulators, motor generator sets, motors up to 500 hp.
– Installs, inspects, tests, repairs, replaces mechanical equipment as motors, small pumps, small air compressors, light fixtures, fans, battery chargers, shop machine tools, sand blasters, electrical pneumatic or hydraulic control devices; low and line voltage circuits; convenience switches, buzzer systems, packaged air conditioners. Analyzes and repairs malfunctions in electric or electronic control systems integral to HVACR systems.
– Estimates jobs and projects. Supports material preparation and time schedules.
– Operates work mgmt systems.
– Rigs and removes scaffolding & operates lifting devices as needed to perform normal duties.
– Checks, tests & operates main & auxiliary fire pumps according to vendor & insurance specifications.
– Operates Drott Crane, earth moving equipment during snow emergencies.
– Drives automobile or truck carrying tools, equipment, spare parts. Operates bucket truck or van.
– Performs electrical and gas welding and brazing of machine or tool parts, hangers, brackets, etc. Sweats, silver solders, flanges, caulks, threads or flares various sizes& pipe tubing.
– Reads and interprets blue prints, diagrams, sketches, during installations and repair of equipment and follows the applicable municipality codes.
– Uses power tools such as lathes, drills, grinders, air hammers, snakes, pipe threading machines.
– Uses such instruments as pressure indicating gauge; megger, ohmmeter, voltmeter, microvolt meter, ammeter, temperature, humidity and airflow meters, tachometer, electronic tube testers, CO2 and other gas analyzers, etc.
– Maintains adequate supply of spare parts and material for the more common repairs and may order those parts necessary for special jobs as required with supervisor's approval. Responsible for leaving work location clean and maintaining a safe and orderly shop and company vehicle.
– Accompanies and/or assists various municipal and insurance companies on tours or inspections.
– Must have a High School Diploma or GED
-City of Detroit Refrigeration Journeyman Unlimited License or State of Michigan Mechanical Contractor license in categories 2) HVAC Equipment, 6) Unlimited Heating Service and 7) Limited Refrigeration-A/C Service
-Must have a Universal Refrigerant Handling License from an organization certified by EPA
-Must have a minimum of 3 years commercial/industrial experience
-Able to understand written and oral instructions
-Able to lift and carry 40 pounds
-Must have a satisfactory physical examination
-Have a valid driver's license and meet Company driving standards
-Have a satisfactory physical examination
2000 2nd Ave
From the same organization