Extension Program Worker/ 4-H Summer Recreation Program Assistant Director
Michigan State University
Presque Isle County, MI
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
In alignment with the mission, programs and initiatives of MSU Extension, delivers research-based information to program participants through various methods and/or provides support and coordination of MSU Extension programs.
Unit Position Summary
Michigan State University Extension is committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive organization, which requires all staff to contribute towards a vision for success. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to our work, regardless of title or position within the organization. This means that all staff at MSU Extension are dedicated to the following:
- We work together to ensure that programming is delivered to diverse audiences, produces equitable impacts for all participants, and demonstrates partnership and inclusion for all groups.
- We embrace that it is everyone’s job to create a culture that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- We ensure that every team member is prepared with the skills and resources to contribute to our welcoming and inclusive culture.
- We foster inclusion by recognizing and valuing diverse perspectives, skills, experiences, and work to create equal access to programming for communities.
- We commit to continuous learning for diversity, equity, and cultural competency, in order to achieve inclusive excellence.
- We understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential elements to our work and are vital to the organizational culture and programmatic success of MSU Extension.
- We embrace a culture of understanding, coaching and feedback towards achieving a vision of success for the entire organization and its staff.
- Together we will achieve success and we commit to these goals in our work, continued education, and ongoing efforts.
Michigan State University Extension 4-H Presque Isle County invites applicants for the position of 4-H Summer Rec Program Assistant Director. The assistant director would begin working on about 6/05/2023; allowing for training time during the week prior to the program start date with youth. The assistant director would help to train student staff on daily projects and expectations and would assist the director in carrying out the daily recreation program's schedule of events. The 4-H Summer Rec Assistant Director would also be responsible for guidance and interaction with up to 60 youth program participants.
Position Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call.
- Ability to lift and carry educational materials, equipment, etc. up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and use of appropriate approaches, skills and techniques, which reflect an understanding and awareness of social, cultural and economic diversity of the target population served.
- Demonstrated success in program development and delivery to diverse audiences/communities and proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, color, gender, national origin, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, veteran status, socioeconomic class, and other differences.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Other skills and/or physical abilities required to perform duties of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume, Cover Letter, 3 Professional References.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/