Company descriptionExecutive Chef- Aquinnah, MA
The Outermost Inn on Martha's Vineyard is seeking an Executive Chef.
About the restaurant:
The Outermost has been a family owned restaurant and Inn for over 30 years. Recently, we've shifted focus to the restaurant, where we serve a prix fixe dinner menu 6 nights a week. We offer an amuse bouche, housemade bread, and an intermezzo or pre-dessert in addition to a 3 course menu.
The Inn no longer accomodates guests and serves as staff housing for the BOH. This is a huge advantage to be able to offer housing for potential staff.
Finally, the setting. Being located on the western extreme of Marthas Vineyard, the location is remote. However, sourcing products from purveyors is easily accomplished.
The property is gorgeous, and the kitchen is lined with huge windows. You have an efficent hot line, and ample equipment, appliances, plates, etc. The family is incredibly hospitable, understanding, and supportive in regard to what the job entails.
Job descriptionExecutive Chef- Aquinnah, MA
– Interview and hire BOH staff (sous chef, 4 cooks, 2 dishwashers).
– Corespond with purveyors regarding product availability and competitive pricing.
– Write a seasonal menu with consideration of the perceived value, food cost, and staff capabilities
– Train staff on the execution and vision of your recipes.
– Servesafe Manager certification and implementation of safe food handling and sanitation practices in regard to local health codes.
– Ordering all foods, goods, and supplies needed for your menu whilst keeping food waste to a minimum.
– Keeping staff morale high. You will be living together, working together, and likely socializing together. Fostering a positive work environment is important.
– Ensure recipes and dishes are being properly executed and food is coming out promptly with correct seasoning and temperature.
– Oversee overall restaurant operation. This position requires a person to think like an owner. You should see to it that deliveries are properly received and stored in the morning, the trash is taken out at night, and everything else in between.
Enjoy your passion. We need someone who loves what they do and can hire staff members who feels the same way. We will all be working hard together.
We look forward to sharing this very special place and having loads of fun this summer!
Please send resume to: [email protected]
Compensationthis position is : salaried, varies DOE, $40,000.00 – $55,000.00
Application instructionsPlease click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!DeadlineApril 01, 2023