Estimator/Planner – Monroe
Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar is now offering a $5,000 Signing Bonus!
Who is Senior plc?
Senior is a FTSE listed (symbol SNR) international manufacturing Group with 26 operations in 12 countries. Senior designs, manufactures and markets high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment producers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, and land vehicle and power & energy markets. We have a long history of well-respected brands and an excellent reputation in our key market sectors. Senior delivers value to its customers and shareholders via operational excellence that is underpinned by its people and processes.
Our global values underpin what we do, and how we do it …
Safety – Integrity – Customer Focus – Respect & Trust – Accountability – Excellence
Who is Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar?
We are a manufacturer of structural parts for the leading original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) in the large business and regional jet markets. Our experience and capabilities span multiple segments of an aircraft, including the engine pylon, struts, wing box, wings, wheel well, and the interior. Our success is based on utilizing proprietary manufacturing techniques to manufacture high quality complex parts through cost effective production.
Given its breadth of capabilities and strong customer relationships, we have substantial content on the aviation industry's most popular aircraft.
What does the job involve?
Creates cost estimates and manufacturing plans for precision CNC machined, formed, and assembled parts, accounting for all customer requirements. Maintain ERP system with current bill of materials and manufacturing plan.
What will my responsibilities include?
- Analyze customer orders/drawings/specifications to determine manufacturing requirements.
- Estimate manufacturing times and tooling costs, obtain quotes for materials and outside processes, determine economical lot size.
- Create manufacturing plans in ERP system capturing all material, production, and inspection requirements.
- Identify non-recurring expenses related to onboarding of, or changes to, a part.
- Maintain manufacturing plan revision control as necessary to produce parts that meet latest customer engineering and requirements.
- Understand the needs of internal consumers of ERP data, update and maintain data to support effective use by all downstream processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
What key skills and experience do I need?
- Able to multi-task and work well without supervision
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Possess a positive attitude and be a motivated self-starter
- Use good judgment and common sense to make numerous daily decisions
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to collaborate with all other departments of the company
- Anticipates internal and external customer needs, gives high priority to customer satisfaction and service
What qualifications should I have?
- Associates Degree or higher
- 2 years previous experience in estimating and/or planning
- Strong background in MS Excel, knowledge of CAD software (CATIA), Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Background in machining, sheet metal, and/or complex assembly techniques
- Highly skilled in reading blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
Why join Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar?
We are committed to continuous sustainable growth through superior customer satisfaction. We are dedicated to operating in an ethical, safe, and environmentally responsible manner while providing a rewarding work environment for our employees. Our mission is supported by a culture of teamwork, continuous improvement, and strategic technology investments.
Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar offers eligible employees (and eligible family members):
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Supplemental Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse or Child Life Insurance,
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligible employees are also offered 401k, PTO, 80 hours of paid holiday per calendar year, and other compensation (as applicable).
Trade Compliance Statement
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Persons and to Non-US Persons licensed accordingly. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
Senior Aerospace AMT/Damar is an equal opportunity employer.