Equipment and Controls Technician I
Black Hills Corporation
This important role safely installs and maintains control systems and automation equipment.
SALARY RANGE:$30.05 – $44.95 per hour (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: This position can be located in Fayetteville, Arkansas or Ozark, Arkansas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installs, inspects, maintains, operates, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and adjusts various pneumatic, hydraulic, electric, electronic, SCADA equipment and Programmable Logic (PLC) control systems and SCADA Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) equipment.
- Performs inspection and maintenance (I&M) checks on all control systems.
- Maintain electrical switch gear and power distribution.
- Test, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate transmission meters, gauges, transmitters and related equipment.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities control and automation equipment as needed.
- Oversee electrical construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No experience required. Training provided.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Electrical training or equivalent knowledge is helpful.
- Understanding of and experience in natural gas measurement and AGA standards.
- Experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge of operating cost associated with the equipment in area of responsibility.
- Basic math skills.
- Intermediate digital literacy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to operate manual and powered equipment.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
Read the full posting.
Black Hills Corporation
625 Ninth St
South Dakota United States
From the same organization