Entry Level Security Guard Assistant
Georgia Professional Group
Are you interested in a security career? If you are looking for a security position in Evans, our client, a large, well-known company located in Evans, is now hiring! As a security guard, you will perform an important role for the company, securing the premises and personnel by patrolling and monitoring buildings and other areas to prevent or stop incidents, such as theft or violence. As a security guard, you will be responsible for monitoring surveillance equipment, answering alarms, monitoring people as they enter and exit the building, patrolling the property, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points, and performing secure activities, such as handling cash. Security guards may also apprehend or detain individuals who pose a threat to security. If you are placed in a mobile security position, you may patrol and monitor the premises by car or on foot. Security guards must be able to perform their duties in a calm and professional manner, and skills in decision making, effective communication, and risk assessment are critical. As a security guard you can be an important part of this well-known Evans company, providing for the safety of your company and its employees. Come see if you are a good fit for our organization, and if this position is a good fit for you!
- Monitor surveillance equipment.
- Monitor access to the buildings and the company premises
- Patrol property and inspect buildings, equipment, and access points
- Ensure alarm systems, doors, and windows are all secure and properly working
- Respond to alarms or calls for service
- Apprehend or detain individuals who pose a threat to security.
- Interview witnesses when needed
- Testify in court if summoned
- Perform secure activities, such as handling cash
- Maintain daily records to document the activities, including disturbances, that occurred
- Communicate closely with law enforcement, fire departments, and emergency medical personnel
- Ability to think quickly and critically
- Ability to react and respond quickly and effectively in urgent situations
- Ability to exercise good judgment in potentially dangerous situations
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to oral and written instructions
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- No experience necessary
- No qualifications necessary