Entry-Level Medical Biller Associate
Georgia Professional Group
Are you interested in an administrative healthcare career? If you are looking for a medical office position in Cordele, our client, a well-known healthcare company located in Cordele, is now hiring Medical Billing Specialists! As a Medical Billing Specialist, you can be an important part of the company’s team, coding medical procedures and creating financial reports to bill clients and/or insurance companies. As a Medical Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for creating medical billing reports, directly contacting patients to discuss payment and develop payment plans, entering patient data into administrative systems, and recording information about outstanding claims. Medical Billing Specialists must be able to perform their duties in a calm and professional manner, and skills in communication, organization, and time management are critical. As a Medical Billing Specialist you can be an important part of this well-known organization. Come see if you are a good fit for our organization, and if this position is a good fit for you!
- Enter patient data into administrative systems.
- Translate healthcare services rendered into requests for payment from insurance companies using appropriate medical billing codes.
- Create medical billing reports to obtain payment from clients and/or insurance companies
- Submit billing data to the appropriate insurance providers .
- Process and perform completion of claims to payers
- Contact patients to discuss payment and develop payment plans.
- Record outstanding claims and resolve denial instances .
- Conduct audits and Medicare reviews as needed.
- Conduct audits and Medicare reviews as needed
- Perform duties in a calm and professional manner.
- High school diploma required
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Friendly and courteous at all times
- Pays attention to detail
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong planning, organizational, and communication skills are essential
- Must be able to work well with staff, management and physicians
- Use consistent good judgment and discretion
- Ability to read, understands, and follow oral and written instruction
- Able to take initiative when confronting or solving problems
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- No experience necessary
- No qualifications necessary