Engineer Principal – Mechanical Engineering, Generation Engineering
SRP's Generation Engineering Department has an opening for a Principal Mechanical Engineer. At least 10 years of design and project management experience working with power generation equipment and systems is required, preferably at combined cycle or coal power plants.
- Performs as an engineering project/program leader/engineer on projects/programs which are large or have many complex features.
- Prepares specifications, evaluates bids, and prepares recommendation materials for management consideration when evaluating large or complex procurements.
- Performs as a staff consultant and/or advisor in a technical specialty.
- May performs engineering design, analysis, and studies in an area of technical specialty requiring a significant knowledge of related fields.
- Provides engineering discipline leadership when administering and reviewing work performed by consultants and others.
- May prepare and/or conduct written and oral reports and presentations.
- When required/requested, serves on industry committees and task forces as a representative of SRP.
- Active leadership role in promoting safety within department.
- Actively develops and trains engineers on technical, project management, and/or best practices related activities. Identifies or creates development opportunities.
- Establishes standards and facilitates Standards Change Processes in the discipline when required.
- Leads collaboration across SRP.
- Represents SRP in legal and regulatory matters or proceedings of technical nature when required.
- Demonstrates substantive thought leadership to further new ideas, products, services, and/or business processes to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and/or customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates substantive leadership in organizational change management to foster the success of new business products, services, and/or business processes.
See additional information.
Ten (10) years full time professional experience actively engaged in engineering practice.
Must have demonstrated the successful accomplishment of work as defined for this position.
Contributed to the authoring, publishing and/or presenting of internal or external technical papers.
Responsible for budgets, schedules, and management of resources for programs and projects of major scope. Demonstrated network of internal and external contacts including customers, outside agencies, and suppliers of significant equipment and services. Occasional travel to suppliers' facilities, industry functions, and SRP facilities. Ability to work effectively with various organizations within SRP. Ability to use engineering tools required for the job. Must have a valid driver's license.
EITHER I OR II
I - Completion of a bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, an International Engineering Alliance (IEA) recognized institution or ABET Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)
1. Additional specialty training (MS Engineering, MBA, or 18 graduate level college semester hours from an accredited institution in an engineering related field)
2. Any state or internationally recognized Professional Engineering registration by the International Professional Engineers Agreement.
II - Any state or internationally recognized Professional Engineering registration by the International Professional Engineers Agreement.
Additional specialty training (18 graduate level college semester hours from an accredited institution)
Certifications or Testing Required
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver's license.
Requisition ID: 15115
Arizona United States
From the same organization