Engineer II/III – SOC Operations Services
This individual is responsible for leading special projects to automate and streamline manual compliance related reporting and daily tasks pertaining to Dominion Energy's System Operations. Maintaining Power Verifications Entity Management database tolerance limits, high and low limits, and contacts, to monitor transmission tie-lines, IPPs in the Dominion Zone, and track Renewable Energy Credit reporting. This position requires the ability to lead complex innovative efforts, such as utilizing inverter-based generation resources during System Restoration events. Ability to work closely with generation on the transmission system, as well as PJM, and membership groups such as EPRI and NATF. This Engineer will also be responsible for coordinating data and documentation for various reporting internally and externally. These activities include a wide variety of operational, communication, and regulatory compliance activities to enhance our ability to restore the electrical system in the event of a full or partial blackout.
In addition to the tasks above, individual will be tasked with Electric Transmission Operations Services projects in support of the System Operations Center and various regulatory compliance activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experience required for entry into this job include the following:
- Engineer II – 3+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Engineer III– 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will be considered one year towards the qualifications; An advanced degree can count as one year experience
- Experience with inverter based (renewable) energy projects is a plus but not required
- Full knowledge of engineering theories and principles
- Skilled in use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead.
- Provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing).
- Strong personal computer skills. Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
- Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices. In depth knowledge of various computer applications, with the ability to manipulate personal computer applications and perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.).
- Equally effective working independently or in team environment.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
- "The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below."
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined (above/below)
Required Degree (equivalency not accepted in lieu of required degree): Bachelor or higher degree in Engineering
Disciplines Preferred: Electrical Engineering
**See engineering criteria below**
REQUIRED ENGINEERING CRITERIA:
For placement of a candidate in the Engineer job series, the following criteria must be met:
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
- Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
120 Tredegar St
Virginia United States
From the same organization