Engineer 3 – Electrical (Byron)
At Constellation, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Constellation and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 200 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Constellation!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Primary purpose of position:
This is an electrical engineering position with a primary focus on electrical testing, maintenance, and technical decisions. This position reports to the Maintenance Department and is responsible for:
Primary duties and job scope:
- Performs field testing
- Protective Relaying testing (electro-mechanical, solid state, and microprocessor)
- Current and Potential transformer testing
- Power Transformer testing
- Power Transformer monitoring system testing and maintenance
- Circuit and trip testing
- High Potential and Megger (insulation resistance) testing
- Utilizes testing equipment
- Doble, Manta, Megger, and Omicron power systems simulator equipment
- AC and DC High Potential test equipment
- Megger, Tan Delta and other insulation testing equipment
- Analog and digital multi meters
- DC resistance test equipment
- Panel meter calibration equipment
- CT analyzing equipment
- Use of computer software to interface with plant equipment and test equipment
- Performs routine maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Protective relay calibration/maintenance
- Generator voltage regulator preventative maintenance
- Distributed control system administration and maintenance
- Sequence of Events recorder maintenance
- Security systems maintenance
- Provides support for engineering, project management, and maintenance groups
- Provides input on station modifications and develops and implements modification testing prior to and during plant installation
- Troubleshooting of plant systems
- Factory and site acceptance testing of new equipment
- Supports other Midwest Nuclear Generating stations for planned and emergent outages.
Moderate, local travel to support other Midwest Nuclear Generating Stations for outages. Light travel to support engineering and project management groups for plant modifications as requested/needed.
- B. S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years’ engineering experience
- 5 or more years’ solid performance with last two in top half of Engr 2 band
- Demonstration of FLS competencies
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor