Puget Sound Energy
Job ID: 3592
Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Remote and Hybrid Work Opportunities: In Office
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Policy & Energy Supplyteam is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Energy Traderposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Manages short term power and for PSE including real-time, day-ahead, through the tenure of PSE's hedging programs. Makes independent economic decisions, executes wholesale power purchases and sales transactions, and acquires or releases transmission to balance PSE's energy portfolios. Optimizes a diverse set of customer assets which include: commercial agreements, electric transmission contracts and an electric generation fleet consisting of hydro, coal, wind, and natural gas fi red generation. Assists in the development and execution of power hedging strategies, and manages wholesale commodity portfolios within the context of market fundamentals, supply dynamics, regional events, and changing retail loads.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Acquires su cient and cost-e ective supplies of wholesale energy commodities to reliably serve load and contractual commitments meeting all compliance and reliability requirements inherent to a FERC jurisdictional gas and electric utility.
- Negotiates and executes approved transactions necessary to e ciently optimize PSE's short term deterministic power and gas portfolios.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable FERC orders, NERC, WECC, and other applicable reliability standards, and transmission tari s and business practices.
- Analyzes and assesses regional power, and regional & national natural gas markets in order to actively contribute to weekly position meetings.
- Coordinates energy delivery and supply e orts with Energy Supply, Risk Management, Load O ce, and Gas Control.
- Reviews and prices structured proposals o ered by counter-parties.
- Analyzes PSE's commodity positions and makes recommendations on optimizing the value of PSE's assets.
- Collaborates with long-term resource and planning groups inside PSE to review asset acquisitions.
- Works with credit and contracts departments to establish new trading partnerships and opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of current industry market trends and developments and updates management of any relevant changes.
- Represents PSE in regional and national organizations and forums.
- Working a 24-hr rotating shift which includes nights weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a technical or commercial focus from an accredited 4-year college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Two years (2) experience in energy trading, derivatives, marketing or bulk power and gas system management.
- Proven record of accomplishment in power and/or natural gas trading including experience with natural gas storage optimization, physical/financial gas trading fundamentals, physical/financial power trading dynamics including power generation characteristics of hydro, coal, wind and gas fired generation.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Specific experience in west-coast energy markets.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
- Advanced spreadsheet and database computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conflict resolution skills.
Puget Sound Energy
10885 NE 4th St
Washington United States
From the same organization