Energy Risk Management Analyst
Puget Sound Energy
Job ID: 2743
Location: Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Remote and Hybrid Work Opportunities: Hybrid (WA Based)
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Energy Supply Merchant team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Energy Risk Management Analyst position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
This position works collaboratively with the team to support power and gas supply operations. Provides support and documentation of power cost forecasts for rate filings, internal financial plans and external reporting requirements. This position models the company's asset portfolio, monitors and reports performance metrics to support trading and hedging operations, and performs related analytical functions as needed.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Compiles data and assumptions related to energy supply for use in quantitative models.
- Maintains and runs production cost models.
- Provides analytical support for the company's expert witness in regulatory proceedings and to traders for strategy development.
- Supports development of expert testimony for regulatory proceedings.
- Calculates power cost related disclosures for accounting, financial reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and analyzes the company's performance in organized markets.
- Serve as quantitative liaison for analytic and data requests from business partners within and outside the organization.
- Writes and maintains programs for processing data and performing analysis using programs such as Python or Visual Basis for Applications.
- Provides ad hoc analyses as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Utility industry finance/accounting experience.
- Independent thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong skills in: Excel, COGNOS, SAP & Access.
- Modeling experience using PCI GenTrader, AURORA, Plexos or other production cost models.
- Programming experience in Python or Visual Basic.
- Graduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
Puget Sound Energy
10885 NE 4th St
Washington United States
From the same organization