Emergency Medical Services Coordinator
NC Community Colleges
- Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Medical Science or a closely related field from a regionally accredited university.
- Current NC OEMS or NREMT Paramedic Certification.
- Current NC OEMS Level II Paramedic Instructor Certification.
- AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS Instructor/Provider Certifications or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- ITLS/PHTLS (Advanced & Pediatric) Instructor/Coordinator Certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- NAEMT AMLS/GEMS Instructor/Coordinator Certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- PEPP Instructor/Coordinator Certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
Serve as the coordinator/program director for the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Program by working closely with the County’s fire, rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement, and industries. Coordinate the overall management, operation, and national accreditation of the College’s Department for EMS Education. Instruct curriculum and continuing education, including programs and courses approved by the North Carolina Office of EMS (NCOEMS), the American Heart Association (AHA), initial and renewal courses for EMS, and specialty courses for emergency patient care.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts for Curriculum and Continuing Education classes including outreach for business, industry and public safety sectors.
- Provide effective and relevant instruction by teaching CE and CU classes as needed.
- Coordinate the scheduling and operations of the EMS program with area departments, current students, instructors and future interested students.
- Advise EMS curriculum and continuing education students according to College practices and standards.
- Manage the day to day operations of all emergency medical service classes.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and orient appropriately credentialed faculty.
- Submit all hiring documents and verification of credentials to HR within required time-frame.
- Evaluate classes by classroom observations and assists as needed with instructional delivery and classroom management.
- Develop and maintain EMS training and certification reports, records, logs, etc. for EMS part-time EC instructors and track certification expirations.
- Determine the equipment and supplies needed for training classes. Make sure equipment and supplies are available for all classes. Requisition the appropriate equipment and supplies as needed. Ensure all supplies and equipment are inventoried monthly and maintain all equipment in good working order.
- Coordinate the training of instructors in the use of the training facility and other training sites within the county. Conduct yearly instructor workshops to ensure all instructors are current on policies, training, roles, responsibilities and use of the simulated equipment.
- Possess a knowledge and understanding of the NC Office of Emergency Medical Services standards. Maintain current Level 2 administration certification with the NC Office of EMS and maintain current EMT-Paramedic certification.
- Maintain Level 2 teaching facility with the NC Office of EMS in order to offer all EMS programs year around.
- Maintain current continuing education database for all EMS personnel within Cleveland County to track personnel, maintain hours, location of training and re-certification period for each individual that is active within the EMS program.
- Manage all class registration, roll sheets, class attendance and monthly payroll for all instructors within the EMS program. Close out all registered and graded classes and report on class information sheet at the end of each semester.
- Attend county rescue and fire association meetings. Attend other regional, state, and national meetings as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain materials and procedures needed for regional accreditation (SACSCOC) and national accreditation for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) and NCOEMS.
- Visit and monitor classes to meet internal audit plan requirements and to ensure program quality.
- Monitor and schedule training activities taking place at BETC to ensure safe practices and College rules are observed.
- Recommends departmental needs for personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, and other resources during the annual planning process.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of training facility and equipment to ensure a safe environment and safe equipment for training classes.
- Be familiar with the BETC master plan such as location of underground water systems and gas lines.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Go to college website: www.clevelandcc.edu, click on employment, click on posting
Contact: Allen Kniceley, Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development, [email protected]