Embedded Design Engineer
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Embedded Design Engineer to join a diverse, highly skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems in security engineering and cyber domains. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides cost-effective intelligence, engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Embedded Design Engineer will design custom hardware interfaces using a combination of microcontrollers, FPGAs, high speed communication links, analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuits for Hardware-in-the-Loop applications, where actual threat weapon hardware is interfaced to a real-time computing system. This work may also involve reverse engineering of some hardware and software components of the threat weapon, as well as creating surrogate subassemblies of the hardware. Other projects include the creation of instrumentation units to monitor important signals of the threat hardware during operation. The goal of this work is to better characterize the threat capabilities and further the development of countermeasures to defeat these threats.
- Candidate will possess a Bachelor's or higher Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited institute of higher learning with a 3.3 or higher GPA before starting with the role.
- Candidate will demonstrate:
- Comprehension of various processor and computer architectures.
- Expertise with embedded and high-level software development tools.
- Comprehension of hardware description languages such as VHDL and Verilog.
- Competency using C/C++ and assembly languages.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidate must be a resident of or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, Alabama, area.
The following background is ideal:
- Education or prior work in software design.
- Debugging of complex devices or systems using standard digital and analog test equipment.
- Communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, RS-232, RS-485, MIL-STD-1553, CAN, Ethernet, etc.
- Education with missiles or radars.
- Past interactions with microwave RF electronics.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.